Web Content and SEO Editor (St. Louis, MO)
Date Posted: 9/18/2013 Position Type: Full Time
Since 2002, eSpecial Needs has expanded into a global supplier of equipment, programs, and curricula for physical education and recreation professionals, as well as products, equipment, and programs for professionals who deal with children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities. As our company continues to grow, we are expanding our e-commerce, internet presence and full-line catalog and seek individuals who want to contribute to our company's growth.
We value innovative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.
eSpecial Needs has achieved the distinction of being listed in Internet Retailer's Second 500 Guide of the fastest growing up and coming e-retailers based on annual web sales.
With excellent writing and grammar skills, the Website Content and SEO Editor will help contribute to our exciting, rapidly growing e-commerce business by preparing product pages that bring our products to life. Primary responsibilities include coordinating and producing content needed to sell eSpecial Needs products online.
Essential Functions: (including, but not limited to)
- Work collaboratively with team and vendors to source, edit, format, and distribute product information
- Produce new and update existing pages using content management system and HTML
- Manage and maintain data feeds to import/export product info, pricing, SKU's to products, Amazon, and inventory system
- Understanding of copyright and trademark practices is a must
- Work closely with internal departments and external agencies to develop integrated campaigns and optimization of products
- Utilize web analytics to research, analyze, and monitor customer, competitor, technological and demographic trends so that market opportunities may be used and implemented.
- Oversee online reputation management (Google and Yelp) through ongoing review monitoring, escalation and reporting.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of SEO strategies in generating increased traffic and organic rankings. Monitor the overall performance of organic search efforts ad report key indicators to GM
Required Areas of Experience:
- 1+ year experience writing for an Internet audience
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including knowledge of SEO
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/assignments, be highly detail-oriented, thrive in a rapidly changing environment and meet short turnarounds & deadlines.
- Proficiency in online content authoring, creating web ready images in Photoshop, and knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access) and e-commerce WYSIWYG is required
- Samples of work or websites are not required, but highly desired
- Demonstration of Photoshop editing abilities will be required
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge of HTML, Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Extensive knowledge of the search engine industry, industry standards, best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies (experience in getting to page 1 rankings). Solid understanding of SEO issues involving site architecture, keyword generation, search-optimized content, link building strategies, and blog optimization.
- Keeping pace with the changes in the SEO industry and trends to ensure compliance and efficiency with the latest SEO guidelines and algorithms.
- Proven track record of successful SEO strategy and implementation
Please submit with your resume with salary history
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation depending on experience and a benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental/vision benefits, and company provided skills training classes and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture and is given the tools necessary to do so.
To respond to this opportunity, please click here or email your resume to email@example.com.