Merchandising Assistant/Buyer (St. Louis, MO)
Date Posted: 3/5/2014 Position Type: Full Time
Since 2002, eSpecial Needs has expanded into a global supplier of equipment, programs, and curricula for physical education and recreation professionals, as well as products, equipment, and programs for professionals who deal with children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities. As our company continues to grow, we are expanding our e-commerce, internet presence and full-line catalog and seek individuals who want to contribute to our company's growth.
We value innovative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.
eSpecial Needs has achieved the distinction of being listed in Internet Retailer's Second 500 Guide of the fastest growing up and coming e-retailers based on annual web sales.
The eSpecial Needs Merchandising Assistant/Buyer is a split role that will be responsible for product builds for both our website and catalogs. Responsibilities will include initiating product builds and confirming accuracy of product features and technical specifications for all new items. Ability to work with multiple groups including purchasing, product management, operations and creative to ensure that all product details are complete, accurate and on-time.
The buyer role will monitor performance and capabilities of vendors, negotiate and communicate orders, ensure timely delivery, maintain quality and price standards.
Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple requests and work within tight deadlines. The successful candidate will have great attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Work with product management to identify new product opportunities that align with product mix
- Identify new vendors, follow up with new soliciting vendors and meet with current vendors on aligned and products
- Work closely with product management and purchasing to understand features of products and help develop appropriate marketing message for items
- Manage required information for new and existing items including product specifications, images, features, and pricing
- Maintain accurate product information for use in future purchasing decisions including pricing, changes to product information, and discontinued items
- Perform other duties as assigned by management, including cross training with other team members and other duties to be determined
- Manage multiple simultaneous product builds from start to finish
- Build strong working relationship with all vendors
- Process purchase orders to assigned vendors and confirm orders are received for processing
- Timely follow up on purchase order due dates to ensure products on schedule to ship to warehouse or customers as scheduled
- Conduct competitive shopping comparisons as needed to ensure product mix is competitive in the marketplace
- Review defective products to determine source of issues in order to recommend corrective action
- Assist senior buyer with management of costs and market prices of all assigned SKU's
- Assume all buyer responsibilities on senior buyers absence
- Be able to read and understand technical specifications for rehab and therapy products
- Be able to research products in order to derive specifications, features and other product information from vendors, purchasers, online resources, product catalogs and data sheets
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple requests from vendors and sales teams and work in a fast paced environment
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with others
- Be detail oriented, organized and very accurate in the performance of tasks
- College degree desired
- Have experience with QuickBooks Enterprise and Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word, typing 40-45 wpm.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation depending on experience and a benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental/vision benefits, and company provided skills training classes and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture and is given the tools necessary to do so.
To respond to this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.