Posterior gait trainers are designed for individuals who do not have the functional gait skills or postural control to safely and independently use a standard walker.
The Benefits of Gait Trainers:
- Encourages early cognitive and learning development.
- Cardiopulmonary strengthening and conditioning.
- Reduces flexion contractures.
- Increases spatial awareness and head control to achieve independent ambulation.
- Teaches individual to take steps.
Most gait trainers offer varied levels of support and accessories are designed to be modular in order to be removed or added according to the individual user's needs and abilities. The posterior and anterior models are in various sizes from toddlers to adults. Most fold easily for convenient transport and storage.