Leckey Pal Classroom Seat | PAL: Posture+Attention=Learning
Designed by the Leckey team of experienced therapists and engineers, the Leckey Pal Classroom Seat is an attractive, sturdy and easy-to use classroom and kindergarten seating system for kids of 1-12 years of age. Ideal for children with mild to moderate postural needs, it is designed to give improved stability, which helps reduce fatigue and allows the child longer periods of concentration and fine motor activity.
Available in a choice of pink or blue, the Pal's wipe-clean fabric is durable, nontoxic and antimicrobial. It is available in 4 sizes with a number of different base options – fixed legs, castor legs, a rocker, an anti-rocker and a high seat (size 1 only). The design allows simple hand adjustment of the back rest angle, seat depth and seat height. An adjustable 2-point pelvic belt and 1" thick seat cushion are standard.
The Pal seat is designed to be a simple self-assessment product for children who need minimal physical support. The simplicity of Pal enables the therapist to assess the child’s needs, instantly order their Pal Classroom Seat and quickly and easily set up the product when it arrives. Pal really is the simple, fast way to help kids join in with learning.
- When children are posturally unstable, they end up using excess energy trying to maintain stability and balance. This can leave little left for concentration, listening and fine motor tasks.
- Pelvic stability is achieved using a simple combination of two-point lap belt and side pads for lateral stability.
- An optional Wedge Seat Cushion can be added if children need a little extra help to keep pelvis and femurs in alignment.
Trunk and Head Alignment
- Maintaining the trunk in a midline posture translates into improved head alignment, enabling eyes to focus more easily, and contributing to improved reading and writing ability.
- Where a less upright angle is required, the backrest angle and armrests adjust to suit the child’s needs, and along with the large tray or table, provides appropriate posterior and anterior support.
- When children are provided with postural stability, their functional abilities are enhanced. Pal’s additional features allow increased function.
- For small children, the optional high seat frame converts Pal size 1 to a high chair, ideal for feeding and inclusion at family meal times.
Leg and Foot Positioning
Leckey Pal Classroom Chair Features:
A range of accessories is available – footplate, pommel, activity tray, wedge cushion and thicker side cushions to reduce seat width, if required. Pal really is the simple and fast way to help kids join in with learning.
Side Pads. Sold in pairs to reduce seat width.
Casters. Two front non-swivel wheels and two rear swivel locking castors.
Wedge Seat Cushion. 1"H in back and 2"H in front.
Hi Seat Frame. Raises seat 25.6" (650mm) above floor. Size 1 only. Seat sold separately.