The Airwalker Swing offers a totally different bodily experience of suspension and weightlessness akin to womb-like safety and comfort. Your children and children's friends will spend hours bouncing, spinning, hanging, sailing through the air, or just resting inside Airwalker.
Specially designed Spandex sack that can be suspended from either a properly installed ceiling bolt or a swing (using the Safety Rotational Device sold below). Stretchy material provides enough resistance to allow children to bounce and move, or just lie still.
The Airwalker Swing now comes standard with our Swing Rotational Device
allowing for smooth and spinning. The Swing Rotational Device is a strong and durable safety rotational device that works on many of our ceiling mounted swings or apparatus. Connect the Swing Rotational Device to our Beam Eyebolt Installation Kit
using our Safety Connector
. It's 9000 lb. (40kN) MBS (maximum breaking strength) gives you piece of mind and its sealed ball bearing will keep it operating smoothly for years
Suspended from a properly installed ceiling bolt or swivel board with eye bolts, Airwalker's unique design of heavy, 9-ounce, stretch fabric provides the feeling of being airborn and deeply held at the same time. The cocoon-like design provides a total body pressure that not only feels good, but builds muscular strength, coordination and balance. Being suspended creates a heightened relationship to gravity, which stimulates the vestibular system responsible for balance and coordination. After moving or resting in an Airwalker a child or adult can feel more alert, relaxed, and energized. Because of Airwalker’s versatility, positive body experiences abound that increase self confidence, risk taking, and motivation. And... it's just plain fun!
Children may be totally enwrapped, laid out flat, sitting, standing, or with another adult or child inside.
Airwalker Swing includes:
Recommended Ceiling Height:
Types of Stimulation the Airwalker provides:
- Tactile/ Whole body, deep pressure (enhances dopamine receptors in the brain that results in better focus, motivation and impulse control ) The elasticity of Airwalker's fabric helps establish body boundaries and bodyself development which contributes to self esteem and spatial awareness.
- Proprioception/ Muscles, tendons, ligaments moving against resistance (fires seratonin receptors which effects a more positive mood and ability to experience pleasure) Many therapists have children push, pull, lift, or carry heavy items in order to contract and compress muscles and joints. This enables the brain to use vestibular input effectively. Airwalker's unique qualities provides this resistance and pressure without the risk of joint injury.
- Novel Activity....(fires norepinephrine production which promotes sustained attention) Children may be totally enwrapped, laid out flat, sitting, standing, or with another adult or child inside. The height of Airwalker in relation to the floor is also adjustable creating countless motor planning activities.
- Vestibular, Sensory/Motor and Sensation Slow movement activities in an Airwalker are calming and organizing for the nervous system. Well-modulated vestibular activity is very important for maintaining a calm, alert state. An under active vestibular system contributes to hyperactivity and distractibility.
- Short: 60"L x 33"W, support 85 lbs.
- Standard: 60"L x 44"W supports 150 lbs.