Spelling, reading and advanced language
With this program, your students with language disabilities will master over 200 irregular verbs. It`s also great for individuals learning English as a Second Language.
This program focuses on high-frequency irregular verbs and trains them in their base, present, present progressive, past, and past perfect forms. Four verb training activities are available.
The first activity trains 30 early developing verbs using animated pictures. The second offers training on 108 of the most common irregular verbs in a multiple choice format in which both the verb forms and the sentences are read aloud to the student. The third activity trains in a format similar to the second activity, but only the verb forms are read aloud. The last activity requires the students to spell the various irregular verb forms.
In all activities, there are teacher choices to set interface, level of difficulty, speech and/or text options, response time, and background reinforcement animation.
Verbs are grouped for more effective training.
You have the option to select an individual verb or you can choose from groupings by age of acquisition or linguistic category. Grouping verbs by category enables your child to see patterns of verb construction and generalize specific lessons.
Here`s an example of how verbs can be grouped for more effective training:
This program will help your students master all those irregular verbs that can cause problems in middle school and beyond.
Who will benefit from Swim, Swam, Swum?
- Children and adolescents with language impairments and delays who need to master the irregular past forms of English verbs.
- Children, adolescents, and adults learning English as a Second Language. Since many of the high frequency verbs in English are irregular, mastery over irregular forms is critical to mastery of the lexicon.
Four verb training activities!
||Flash card activity
The first activity trains 30 early developing irregular verbs using animated pictures.
||Multiple Choice with sentences read
The second activity teaches 108 of the most common irregular verbs in a multiple choice format. Both the verb forms and the sentences are read aloud.
||Multiple Choice with sentences not read
The third activity is available for all of the 200+ verbs. It uses a multiple choice format, but only the verb forms are read aloud.
The fourth activity requires the user to spell the various irregular verb forms.
- To train over 200 high-frequency irregular verbs in their present, past, and past perfect forms
- Children and adolescents with language-learning disabilities, developmental disabilities, physical impairments, hearing impairments, and autism
- Students learning English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Optional voice and animation
- Teacher control over lesson presentation
- Accessibility with keyboard, touch screen, single switch, or mouse
- Automatic record-keeping
- Trains irregular verbs
- Reinforces reading skills
- Provides practice with standard multiple choice format
Windows System Requirements:
- Pentium 133 CPU or above
- Hard drive, Microsoft® Windows® 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
- 16 MB RAM
- Windows compatible sound card
- 4x speed CD drive
Macintosh System Requirements
- 68040 processor or PowerPC (not Intel-based)
- System 7.5 - 9, 9.2.2
- 8 MB Application RAM
- 4x speed CD-ROM
Swim, Swam, Swum: Mastering Irregular Verbs is targeted at the following age ranges:
Swim, Swam, Swum: Mastering Irregular Verbs is designed to foster development in the areas of:
Users can access Swim, Swam, Swum: Mastering Irregular Verbs in the following ways:
- Mouse/ Trackball/ Joystick
- Single Switch
- Touch screen