The AM-12 is designed to build strength and coordination for a wide range of children with disabilities. These hand & foot tricycles are intended to stimulate reciprocal movement and increase range of motion. Now comes standard with rear steering for full parental control. Features four-way adjustable seating that moves up/down and forward/back to adjust for a variety of rider sizes. Includes a safety steering limiter pin for parental control. Foot plates feature a heel trap, with toe and instep strap, to secure rider’s feet to the pedals. A loading lock allows safe and easy rider transfer. You can also choose from a variety of seating options and accessories that help riders to feel safe and secure.
Appropriate for children up to 47” tall with leg length (hip joint to bottom of shoe) 21-29” and arm length (shoulder joint to digit crease) 14-23”. Maximum weight capacity: 150 lbs. Available in red. Assembly required.
Standard Features for AmTryke AM-12" include:
- Continuous chain mechanism for hand/foot movement
- Steering lock pin for graduated steering: straight, 20 degrees left/right, free steering
- Self-righting pedals with heel and instep hook and loop straps
- Includes black poly hook and loop safety chest and lap straps
- Four-way adjustable seating- up/down and in/out with saddle seat
- Lower center of gravity
- Large knobs for easy frame length adjustment
- 12-inch pneumatic front wheel and rear wheels
- Available in red only
- Rear-Steering for full parental control
- Safety helmet included
**Pedal Blocks SOLD INDIVIDUALLY - See Related Products**
AmTryke 12" Regular Size Special Needs Tricycle Specifications
Size Age (Approx.) 3-8 years Rider Leg Length
(Center of Hip to Bottom of Shoe)
17"-27" Rider Arm Length
(Middle of Shoulder to Center of Digit Crease)
14"-18" Rider Weight 150 lbs Rider Max. Height 47" Tryke Weight 45 lbs. Wheel Size 12" Frame Height (Without Seat) 11" Total Length (With Push Bar Add 24") 39.5" Width 25"
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I choose if the AmTryke 12" Regular Size Special Needs Tricycle is right for me?
The AmTryke 12" Regular Size Special Needs Tricycle is designed to build strength and coordination for a wide range of children with disabilities. The hand /foot cycles are intended to stimulate reciprocal movement and increase range of motion including children with Spina Bifida.What is the user cannot sit up on their own and has poor trunk control?
The AmTryke 12" Regular Size Special Needs Tricycle comes standard with the Saddle Seat. Other additional options available are: Bucket Seat, Snappy Seat or Bench Seat. We offer an option for a padded seat back with lateral trunk support and a chest strap which fits with the saddle seat. We also offer the Snappy Seat which provides padded trunk and head support for the user. Options for lateral supports and an H-Harness on the Snappy Seat are also available.How do I determine which size AmTryke tricycle to purchase?
Refer to our Sizing Chart under the Specifications tab. You will need to focus on the user's inseam length (inside of leg to bottom of heel) and arm length (top of arm to middle of hand). The AmTryke AM-12 tricycle fits riders 36" - 42" high with an arm length of 14" - 20" and an inseam of 15" - 24"If you are not sure on which size to choose, we recommend completing the Measurement Form and reviewing those measurements against the Sizing Chart. This will also help in selecting a tricycle that will allow for growing room as well. For help with measuring and fitting the user, use our Measurement Form or contact one of our product specialists at 877-664-4565.Is the tricycle shipped assmebled or do I have to assemble?The AmTryke tricycles are shipped unassembled to you and does require assembly. The tricycles come with full installation instructions and assembly much like a standard bicycle.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- I am a proud 57 yr. old grandmother of four grandsons of whom i take care of ages between 4 -7 years old. There are a set of twins one of them is very sick we went to his physical therapy yesterday and they let him ride on a AmTryke and the smile that was on his face was to die for. Because he have not been able to ride a bike like the rest of the kids he would cry and say that he was'nt normal so when i saw that it just warm my heart to see. I may be able to buy one for him one day but right now all i can do is pray on it. But i thank you for making it possiable for kids like him to have a chance at feeling normal.