Since 2002, eSpecial Needs has expanded into a global supplier of equipment, programs, and curricula for physical education and recreation professionals, as well as products, equipment, and programs for professionals who deal with children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities.
As our company continues to grow, we are expanding our e-commerce, internet presence and full-line catalog and seek individuals who want to contribute to our company's growth.
We value innovative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.
eSpecial Needs has achieved the distinction of being listed in Internet Retailer's Second 500 Guide of the fastest growing up and coming e-retailers based on annual web sales.
Medical Marketing and Account Manager (St. Louis, MO)
Date Posted: 10/1/2014 Position Type: Full Time
eSpecial Needs is looking for a knowledgeable, professional, and experienced Account Manager who has the drive to succeed and contribute to our next level of growth. This is a multi-faceted role that will focus on sales, marketing, business development and product branding. ATP is a plus.
The position of Marketing and Account Manager is responsible for developing new business relationships while maintaining current customer base of schools, government agencies, clinics, dealers and end users.
This position would cover St. Louis and surrounding areas as well as key accounts throughout the state of Missouri.
We will provide all necessary training and ongoing support.
- Effectively conduct group presentations on products and services to agencies and clinics while working with individuals in one-on-one referrals.
- Ability to perform customer evaluations/fittings/training for necessary rehabilitative/assistive equipment needs. Work is primarily performed in the field (customer residence, facility, schools, clinic, etc) and at our Company location.
- Analyze the needs of customers with disabilities, and assist in the selection of appropriate equipment or other technology for the customer.
- Ability to demonstrate equipment to customers in home, agency and clinic settings, ensuring proper fitting.
- Communicate with coordinator and others regarding customer and therapist follow-up.
- Participate with others and lead his/her own efforts to generate new referral sources.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of various sensory, rehab and adaptive equipment.
- Maintain network of referral sources in order to develop new orders on a recurring basis.
- Maintain universal and safety precautions, as applicable.
- Follow operating/service manual and manufacturer’s guidelines for equipment testing and checks.
- Perform follow-up contact with customers and therapists to ensure that proper equipment is provided.
- Follow up on all leads generated through web, phone and event inquiries.
- Attend health fairs and other functions for rehab-related equipment demonstration.
- Maintain compliance with the Company Code of Conduct and Ethics, Compliance Plan, Company Policies and Procedures, HIPAA, and local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent
- ATP status preferred
- Active state driver’s license and good driving records are necessary
- Ability to report to work consistently on time, dependable
- At least 2 years of experience in a healthcare environment
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and computer skills
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
eSpecial Needs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits For All Positions:
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation depending on experience and a benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental/vision benefits, company sponsored life insurance, short term and long term disability, flexible spending account options and company provided skills training classes and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture and is given the tools necessary to do so.
To respond to this opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please mention in the Subject line which position you are applying for. No phone calls please.