Indoor Therapy Gym is the indoor playground your kids have only dreamed of, until now. This therapy swing system is rugged yet installs without leaving marks using only one wrench! Indoor Therapy Gym is made of the highest-quality, white pine wood. Indoor Therapy Gym brings vestibular activities to a whole new level adding the dimensions of climbing, gliding, spinning and linear acceleration. You pick your own attachments such as swings, bolsters and platforms and you're ready to go.
Features ladders that run down both sides and across the top, single stationary center swivel plate for rotating swing attachments (double stationary swivel on 12' model); glider with 2 eye bolts for attaching swings and 1 additional swivel bolt for rotational attachments.
An indoor playground that brings vestibular therapy to a whole new level, adding the dimensions of climbing, gliding, spinning and linear acceleration. High quality, pressure-treated pine. The wood does not have a finish nor is it stained.Holds up to 300 lbs. (136kg)Indoor Therapy Gym brings vestibular activities to a whole new level adding the dimensions of climbing, gliding, spinning and linear acceleration. You pick your own attachments and you're ready to go. Additional accessories can be added (see below).
- 85" high x 8', 10', or 12' long monkey-bar system
- Free-standing unit - requires no additional bracing for support
- Climbing ladders on both end
- Jungle gym cross bar
- Stationary center rotary system on 8' and 10' models. Glides across length of jungle gym bars.
- Double stationary center rotary system on 12' model
Tracking system that glides the length of the monkey bars
Different attachments can be added including our Indoor Therapy Gym Attachments Kit and Platform Swing.
All of the following wear points should be checked on a monthly basis:
- Check eye bolt for loose nuts or movement. Tighten if necessary.
Check eye bolt for wear at the point where it rubs against the safety snap. If wear exists, it should not exceed 30% of the diameter of the eye bolt. If it does, discontinue use immediately and replace the eye bolt. (See figure below).
Indoor Therapy Gym Specifications
- 8 foot Model Footprint: 85"H x 60"W x 110"L
- 10 foot Model Footprint: 85"H x 60"W x 134"L
- 12 foot Model Footprint: 85"H x 60"W x 158"L
Supports up to 300 lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions:What tools should we have for installation?While you can use manual tools to assemble the unit, we really recommend power tools which makes the installation go much faster. We suggest the following tools to erect this system:
- Power drill with Phillips head magnetic tip or Phillips head screw driver
- Power drill with 3/8” nut driver or drive socket ratchet with 3/8” socket
- Wood drill bit – 1/8” drill bit
- Crescent adjustable wrench
How many people are needed to install the Indoor Therapy Gym?
We recommend two people for the install since you have to flip the unit after attaching the triangle brackets, but one person can do it n their own.
What is the weight capacity on the indoor therapy gym?
The gym will support up to 300 lbs (static load)
Do I need to use the heavy duty rotational device on the Indoor Therapy Gym?
A heavy duty rotational device is included with the purchase on your indoor therapy gym. It must always be connected when utilizing the center eye bolt on the gym. Without it, the eye bolt will wear down abnormally quickly. Always use a Heavy Duty Rotational Device to prevent abnormal wear and damage to equipment.
Is there a maintenance checklist we should conduct on a regular basis?
Absolutely. With any equipment, there is always ongoing maintenance to check to ensure everything is working properly. It is important to check all hardware connection to make sure everything is still snug and watch for any wear points. All of the following wear points should be checked on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis (as indicated) and recorded on the checklist enclosed:
Do we need a safety mat under the gym?
- Check wood for splinters. If splinters are found, sand smooth to touch using fine grit sandpaper.
- Check that all nuts and bolts are tight on triangle brackets on a weekly basis.
- Check that all eye bolts and swing hangers are tight on a daily basis.
- Check swivel unit, swinger hangers and eye bolts for wear (see Safety Precautions for more info)
- Always use a Heavy Duty Rotational Device to prevent abnormal wear and damage to equipment.
Yes. Safety should always be the number one concern with any equipment. Safety surfaces should always be implemented and help protect clients from any potential falls regardless of the height. We recommend our Deluxe Folding Mats or Fat Mats.
What safety precautions should be taken before installing a gym in my clinic?
The safety of your clients is dependent on the appropriate choice of activity to match, yet challenge their physical abilities. Use appropriate spotting / safety techniques. In addition, the layout of your activity area, proper installation and maintenance of your equipment is critical. This equipment is not intended for recreational or outdoor use. Under no condition should this equipment be used without proper supervision. it is your responsibility to find all pertinent safety information that pertains to your facility.IMPORTANT: To keep children safe from harm, follow these precautions and instructions when installing, using, or maintaining this playground equipment. You can also call us at 1-877-664-4565 for more information or see http://www.cpsc.gov//PageFiles/122149/325.pdf.Safe Use: Adults should supervise children at all times. Do not allow children to stand on or use unsafely. Do not allow it to be used if damaged.Maintenance: Do the following to reduce the chance of serious injuries. Check monthly for cracks, rust, missing rivets, open S-hooks or evidence of vandalism such as cutting, metal showing through the material or bent seats from children standing on them. Tighten and lubricate all metallic moving parts per manufacturer’s instructions. Check spinning action and make sure there is no binding, and using a grease gun put a sufficient amount of standard grease in the hanger to allow the hanger to swing freely. We have used a McKay Molybdenum Disulfide grease cartridge, but any standard grease cartridge from any auto part store should be sufficient. Check all protective coverings on nuts, bolts, pipes, edges, corners and all moving parts including swing hangers, swing seats, ropes, cables, chains and shackles. Replace as needed. Make sure there are no exposed footings, anchoring devices, rocks, roots, holes or any other obstacles in or around playground equipment. In high use areas these inspections should be done more frequently. Clean with mild soap and water when you do the monthly maintenance checks.**Any damage from vandalism, abuse or misuse VOIDS all warranties.
How to build and install the Indoor Therapy Gym:
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- This has been a great addition to our home therapy room in the basement. Our basement has ceilings under 8' and this worked perfect in the space. I wish we had gotten the 10' model to allow more room for swing back and forth but it serves well. Make sure to order mats with the item. The one thing we forgot. Oops!
- Our clinic purchased the 12 foot model with the double swivel unit. Our therapists use it with our autistic clients who love it. The unit is flexible enough to incorporate gross motor skills, spinning, vestibular motion and all attachment change out quickly.