DetailsLightweight and Shatterproof! Ideal for weight rooms, dance studios, therapy areas, and classrooms! Observe form and technique. Increase feedback and positive reinforcement. Mount on walls behind equipment or ballet bars. A tightly stretched, extra-heavy reflective polyester film is bonded to a rigid lightweight foundation. Produces a mirror with no image distortion. WALL-MOUNTED MIRRORS. Includes self-adhesive mounting pads.
Glassless Mirror panels are lightweight, shatterproof and can be used in an environment where glass mirrors can be hazardous if impacted. Since Glassless Mirror panels are safe as well as OSHA compliant, the potential for injury is practically eliminated, substantially reducing the exposure to liability claims. Some of our customers have reported saving up to 60% on their insurance premiums! Glassless Mirror ceiling tiles are also designed to meet "flame spread" and "smoke developed" requirements.A Glassless Mirror 2' x 2' ceiling panel weighs a little under 1 lb. and a 4' x 6' wall panel weighs roughly 8 lbs. Since Glassless Mirror panels are lightweight they are easily transportable and are an ideal choice for non-load bearing applications.Glassless Mirrors can be affixed to any flat surface with minimal or no preparation. Since they are light weight, wall inserts and mirror supports are unnecessary. The mirrors can be mounted directly to finished plaster, wood paneling and interior partitioning.The lightweight and shatterproof nature allow Glassless Mirrors to be used in applications unthinkable with glass or resin mirrors such as suspending them from ceilings with wire or nylon line or affixing directly to ceilings with our "Velcro-like" removable/re-closable fasteners.The Glassless Mirror reflective material is mounted in front of the mirror resulting in a brighter and sharper image than conventional mirrors which have the reflective material mounted behind glass or plastic.Glassless Mirror wall panels ship pre-drilled along with mounting brackets for easy installation. Mounting is as simple as has hanging a large picture using a handy cordless screwdriver, negating the high cost of a professional installation.
Easy to clean and maintain:
Because the Glassless Mirror panel face is only one thousandth of an inch thick, it has virtually no mass, no static electricity. Dust and grime are not attracted to the panel surface. If the panel should become dirty, it is easily cleaned using a non-abrasive, non-fibrous cloth and any common household clear non-abrasive cleaning liquid.
The low mass nature and ventilated design characteristics of Glassless Mirrors virtually eliminate condensation and fogging and can be used in environments such as bathrooms, kitchens and enclosed swimming pools.
Benefits of Glassless Mirrors:
- Weight: our mirrors weigh a fraction of what a plate glass mirror of the same size weighs. Our standard 4' x 6' mirror weighs only 10 pounds and a 4' x 6' plate glass weighs approximately 72 pounds.
- Installation: because the mirror is so light, it takes only minutes to install.
- Shatterproof: the mirror will never shatter.
- Easy to clean: wipe gently with a soft non-abrasive cloth.
- Acoustical properties: our mirrors, constructed with a foam backing, do not reflect sound back, the way a hard surface plate glass mirror does.
Glassless Wall Mounting Mirrors Specifications:
- Our mirrors can be used almost anywhere that you can hang a mirror!
- They can even be used in places it would be difficult to use glass mirrors because of our lightweight, shatterproof design.
- Let us help you design the right mirror for your space. Custom sizes up to 75 inches wide x 16 feet long are available. They may be installed horizontally or vertically. We offer many easy mounting solutions.
- Mount them on our rolling stands and you can store them out of the way when they are not in use, or wall mount them where they can be used every day.
- Multi-purpose spaces, stage productions and scenery, dressing rooms, fashion shows, merchandising displays, dance and exercise studios, home and commercial gyms, playrooms, ceiling, lobbies, night clubs, casinos, educational facilities, public restrooms, physical therapy facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, and theatrical lighting.
- Theatrical lighting: glassless mirrors have also been used for theatrical lighting by placing a bank of panels above the performers and the lighting behind them. This reduces the length of travel of the light beam and increases the intensity of light on the performers. It also allows the lighting operators to see the performers closely and follow them easily.
- Outdoors: In a warm climate and sheltered location, glassless mirrors may be considered for a short term (several months) outdoor exhibit. Glassless mirrors cannot be used out of doors in a temperate zone climate, because we find that over an extended period of time the polyester film will become brittle.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How is a glassless mirror made?
Our glassless mirrors are made from a highly reflective metalized film. The film is vacuum stretched around an aluminum frame to form a mirror. The raised lip of the frame provides an air space between the back of the film and the rigid foam core inside.
Does a glassless mirror weigh as much as a glass mirror?
No, a glassless mirror is a fraction of the weight of a glass mirror. For example, a glassless mirror panel 48" x 72" x 1.25 weighs approximately ten pounds and a glass mirror of the same size weighs approximately 72 pounds.Will a glassless mirror break or shatter like glass?
No, a glassless mirror has an inherent safety factor because of its soft surface and is light weight. However if you were to hit it, you could puncture or tear the surface, but there will be no shards of broken glass.How is a glassless mirror cleaned? Are there any special maintenance requirements?
Because the mass of the glassless mirror film is so little, the problem of static electricity attracting dust particles to its surface is practically non-existent. In a room that is free of cooking grease or smoke fumes, little cleaning is required. If a panel should get dirty, it can be cleaned by using a mild glass cleaner and a soft cloth to avoid scratching the surface. Do not use paper towels or tissues, which are usually abrasive. An interesting property of glassless mirrors is that they will not normally fog in high humidity areas such as bathrooms or swimming pools.
Does a glassless mirror panel have value as a thermal insulation?
Yes, the polyurethane foam makes a glassless mirror panel a thermal insulator. The foam itself has an "R" value of 3.3 to 6.5 and the reflective quality of the film with its dead air space enhances this value.Can a glassless mirror panel be used out of doors?
No, because over an extended period of time (18 to 24 month tests) we find that in a temperate zone climate, the polyester film will become brittle. In a warm climate and sheltered location, it might possibly be used. In a short term (several months) outdoor display it may also be considered. We recommend bringing it indoors over night.
Can a glassless mirror be used as an optical or front surface mirror?
Yes, a special grade of glassless mirror (94% reflectivity) is made specifically for use as front surface mirrors for optical purposes. These are available on special order (call for quote) and are most often used instead of glass when large size optical mirrors are required. We suggest that for optical applications, the projected image be contained within 1" of the edges of the glassless mirror surface to avoid minor image distortions that would be magnified in projection. Glassless mirrors used for general purposes have a reflection of 85-86%.
Can a glassless mirror be decorated, painted on, etc.?
Yes, a glassless mirror panel can be silkscreened or painted with acrylic paints for decorative effects or graphic treatments.Can a glassless mirror panel be cut or fitted on the job site?
No, each panel is a structural entity and cannot be cut in the field. Cut outs for HVAC and electrical can be made at the factory to your specifications, upon receipt of your drawings.
Does a glassless mirror panels have an acoustical dampening properties?
Yes, because of its structural nature, a glassless mirror panel tends to absorb sound rather than reflect it the way a hard polished surface material (such as glass) will. A glassless mirror panel has sound-absorbing properties which become stronger as the frequency (Hz) range grows higher, making the glassless mirror panel particularly effective for public gathering places and schools with high noise levels.
What is the delivery time of an order?
Standard sizes are usually in stock and will often ship out same or next day. If your item is not in stock we expect to ship it out within 2 weeks. Actual delivery times may vary, although most items shipped via our trucking service, New Penn, will take 1- 4 days to arrive. We can arrange a specific delivery day if needed. For very large quantities, we will discuss the order and delivery time with you. For custom orders please allow 4-8 weeks.
VideosThere are no videos available.