Complete Kit with Adjustable Width Headband and a variety of Mounting Options. Easy to Assemble. Easily Adaptable to a Wide Variety of Strollers, Wheelchairs, Standers and Activity chairs. Can be Adjusted for Minimal to Maximal Assistance. Used during School, Playtime, Mealtime. Used during Augmentative Communication when Head Stability is Challenged. Can be worn under a Hat or Cap. Patented. Literature available in English and Spanish
HeadPod Head Support System Standard Specifications
What Is Included:
- (1) Adjustable width arc
- (2) Suspension arm
- (3) Silicone forehead strap
- (4) Occipital mesh
- (5) Headrest chair adaptor
- (6) Rigid back adaptor
- (7) Height extender
- (8) Universal adaptor
- (9) Anti slip strap
WHAT DOES HeadPod DO?
* Recommended for ages 18 months thru adult.
* The Headpod gives a child the opportunity to move their head within their plane of strength and on towards the goal of independent head control.
* It provides a child with a "real world" upright visual field.
* For many children, Headpod will reduce the hyperextension of a child's arms which is often seen as a child attempts to raise their head intermittently without adequate head control.
* It can be used during feeding
* It can be an aide to reduce fatique, as the child no longer struggles to hold their head upright during the day
* The Headpod fastens easily to a variety of headrest systems on a child's stroller, wheelchair or stander
* Not for use in auto or bus transport.
The standard kit contains the main components with which to use Headpod in about 90% of the situations