DetailsThe Lock Up Van is a sturdy hardwood vehicle that combines imaginative play with learning how to manipulate latches. With six different doors and latches, the child can lock and unlock, load and unload, and make deliveries all over town. Children place their little treasures into separate compartments and then enjoy looking for them through the different doors. This creative toy is perfect for helping kids develop manual dexterity, fine motor skills and learning the basics of opening and closing latches increasing independence. A great addition to preschool, daycare, and Montessori classrooms.
Lock Up Van Specifications:
- Dimensions: 16"L x 6"W x 9"H
- Develops early memory skills and fine motor skills by exploring 10 ways to fasten, open and close, hide and seek
- Develop hand control, muscle strength, and finger dexterity
- Stimulates creative play
- Used successfully with Alzheimer patients
- Foster imaginative play
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- This van is a little larger than I was expecting, although dimensions listed are accurate. But the larger size is needed for all those "hiding" places. The different style locks are great for kids to figure out. This is a heavy-duty toy. Quality is A++.
- Good Review
- Got this van for my son last Christmas. A slat was broken when I received it (in transit I suppose) 4-5 days before Christmas. I contacted the company, they promptly replied and I got a replacement in 2 days -- before Christmas! I'm very happy with the customer service. As for the toy, it has different kinds of latches that are not stiff (therefore easy to open) and yet are challenging enough. I think this toy improves dexterity and problem solving (kids need to figure out how each latch works and then open it). I also like the open-ended nature of this toy -- my son can use it in many different ways as he grows up. Wouldn't say it's his favorite toy -- but it gets some attention almost every day (some days more than others). Quality and finish is great. It is a bit expensive. Wouldn't have bought it if not for Christmas. But I'm glad I did!