The AM-16 is designed to build strength and coordination for a wide range of children with disabilities. Appropriate for children up to 66” tall with leg length (hip joint to bottom of shoe) 24-36” and arm length (shoulder joint to digit crease) 18-27”. These hand & foot trykes are intended to stimulate reciprocal movement and increase range of motion. Now comes standard with rear steering for full parental control. Foot plates feature a heel trap, with toe and instep strap, to secure rider’s feet to the pedals. A loading lock allows safe and easy rider transfer. Choose from a variety of seating options and accessories that help riders to feel safe and secure. Assembly required. Maximum weight 175 lbs.
Standard Features 16” include:
- Continuous chain mechanism for hand/foot movement
- Steering lock pin for graduated steering: straight, 20 degrees left/right, free steering
- Self-righting pedals with heel and instep hook and loop straps
- Includes black poly hook and loop safety chest and lap straps.
- Four-way adjustable seating- up/down and in/out with saddle seat
- Lower center of gravity
- Large knobs for easy frame length adjustment
- 12-inch pneumatic front wheel and rear wheels
- Rear-Steering for full parental control
- Available in red only
- Safety helmet included
**Pedal Blocks SOLD INDIVIDUALLY - See Related Products**
- Unique hinged front end with three positions for adjustable hand crank/foot crank to seat alignment
- NEW larger riding position.
- Saddle seat with 58" hook and loop lap strap and plastic seat back with 2 each 40" hook and loop chest straps
- Molded bucket seat with with 50" hook and loop lap strap and 40" hook and loop chest strap
AmTryke 16" Large Size Special Needs Tricycle Specifications:
Size Age (Approx.) 8 years + Rider Leg Length
(Center of Hip to Bottom of Shoe)
24"-32" Rider Arm Length
(Middle of Shoulder to Center of Digit Crease)
18"-26" Rider Weight 175 lbs Rider Max. Height 66" Tryke Weight 55 lbs. Wheel Size Front 16"
Frame Height (Without Seat) 12.5" Total Length (With Push Bar Add 24") 45" Width 31"
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I choose if the AmTryke 16" Regular Size Special Needs Tricycle is right for me?
The AmTryke 16" Regular Size Special Needs Tricycle is designed to build strength and coordination for a wide range of children with disabilities. The hand /foot cycles are intended to stimulate reciprocal movement and increase range of motion including children with Spina Bifida.What is the user cannot sit up on their own and has poor trunk control?
The AmTryke 16" Regular Size Special Needs Tricycle comes standard with the Saddle Seat. Other additional options available are: Bucket Seat, Snappy Seat or Bench Seat. We offer an option for a padded seat back with lateral trunk support and a chest strap which fits with the saddle seat. We also offer the Snappy Seat which provides padded trunk and head support for the user. Options for lateral supports and an H-Harness on the Snappy Seat are also available.How do I determine which size AmTryke tricycle to purchase?
Refer to our Sizing Chart under the Specifications tab. You will need to focus on the user's inseam length (inside of leg to bottom of heel) and arm length (top of arm to middle of hand). The AmTryke AM-16 tricycle fits riders 41"+" high with an arm length of 16" - 24" and an inseam of 20" - 28". If you are not sure on which size to choose, we recommend completing the Measurement Form and reviewing those measurements against the Sizing Chart. This will also help in selecting a tricycle that will allow for growing room as well.For help with measuring and fitting the user, use our Measurement Form or contact one of our product specialists at 877-664-4565.Is the tricycle shipped assmebled or do I have to assemble?The AmTryke tricycles are shipped unassembled to you and does require assembly. The tricycles come with full installation instructions and assembly much like a standard bicycle.
VideosThere are no videos available.