The Trekker Small Gait Trainer is a pediatric mobility aid designed to provide small children with the comfort and special needs support necessary while they develop a stronger gait pattern and achieve greater independence.
The Trekker Gait Trainer can be used as either an anterior model which can be used either for an involved client or as a posterior (reverse) gait trainer for individuals who only need minimal help with assisted walking.The anterior gait trainer positions the frame to the sides and the front of the user. The gait trainer can also be used in a posterior position with the frame that goes around the sides and rear of the user. The user is in the center of the walker.
The Trekker offer a variety of prompts such as forearm platforms, trunk supports, hip positioners, and thigh prompts mount anywhere, tool-free, onto the frame and are easily removed when a child no longer needs them. These devices provide weight-bearing assistance for individuals who cannot stand on their own due to lack of weight-bearing ability.
The Trekker is height adjustable in 1" increments, allowing the trainer to adapt to the users' needs. Easy rear access for transfers lets users face either direction, allowing the Trekker to function as a posterior pediatric walker.
The casters have swivel locks, brakes, variable resistance, and one-direction locks. Use any combination to control the Trekker's speed and direction.
Children and adults without the ability to walk on their own can benefit from the Trekker Gait Trainer and it's benefits. The gait trainer also positions the user in a physical upright position, allowing eye-to-eye interaction with their peers helping in the development of the user's self-esteem.
The Trekker Small Gait Trainer is designed for individuals with an Elbow Height between 15.5" - 19.5".
Trekker Small Gait Trainer Features:
- Height Adjustable - Simple, two-handed height adjustment in 1" increments
- Durable, long-lasting powder coat finish on frame.
- Can be used in the anterior and posterior position.
- Swivel casters that can be locked to non swivel.
- Variable resistance to control the speed of the rotation of the wheel.
- Brakes to lock the wheels to prevent the unit from moving.
- Directional lever allows either forward and reverse mobility or only forward mobility.
- Accessories mount tool-free onto the frame and can be removed or added according to the individual user’s need and abilities.
- Folding frame fits easily into your car trunk for transport (Medium and Large models only)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty