The Bariatric Anterior Safety Roller is available in two models that will accommodate special needs patients up to 1,000 pounds. The mobility aid's sturdy design includes all of the qualities of the standard Adult Safety Roller and allows for many years of use. The adaptive equipment's height and width adjustments ensure the perfect fit and the compatible accessories provide substantial built-in customization. The Bariatric Anterior Safety roller is the right choice to give larger adults the support they need for safe ambulation and more independence.
Bariatric Anterior Safety Roller Features:
- Welded Steel Frame.
- Applying pressure to the handlebar activates braking mechanism. When brake is engaged, the brake stopper hits the wheel and the wheels cannot roll. Ideal for patients with limited hand function and/or limited cognizance. The Safety Roller halts in step with the patient and the braking mechanism automatically engages when patient stumbles.
- Height adjustable in 1" increments.
Adjustable brake spring tension.
- Patient is situated in the center of the Safety Roller, which provides maximum support and improved posture.
- Skid resistant, non-marring, easy rolling neoprene wheels. Ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
- Folds easily and stands on its own in the folded position.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Safety Roller Accessories:
Customize your safety roller with accessories that can be mounted individually or in multiple configurations depending on your unique special need.
- Basket: Front mount wire basket with set of clips.
- Width Adjustable Seat: Seat adjusts in width to accommodate varying widths of Safety Rollers. Safety Roller's brakes are automatically engaged when weight is applied to seat. Seat can be folded when not in use.
- Extended Uprights: Extends Safety Roller height up to 47". For proper sizing, measure floor to wrist for handlebar height.
- IV Pole: Height adjustable IV pole with mounting bracket.
- Oxygen Tank Holder: Oxygen tank holder for a "D" or "E" cylinder.
- Dial-A-Speed Tabs: Dial-A-Speed tabs provide variable resistance on one or both rear wheels. This serves as a partial brake and allows the user to control the speed of the Safety Roller. Each side is independently adjusted and, therefore, allows for alignment of asymmetrical gait patterns.
- Swivel Wheel Locking Brackets: Locking brackets for front swivel wheels ensure straight walking. They are easily unlocked for increased maneuverability. To combine the advantages of control and easy maneuverability, you can lock one side and unlock the other side.
- Forearm Platforms: Constructed of lightweight aluminum. Multiple adjustments allow for many positioning options. Each side is individually adjustable and allows custom support for each user. Contoured armrest is molded in one piece with a flexible edge for added comfort. Velcro® straps prevent arms from slipping. Brackets mount anywhere along the handlebar, including the front bar, and determined by patient's weight bearing needs.
- Ankle Prompts: Maintains legs and/or feet in abduction, prevents crossing and controls stride length. Used for patients with spasticity, poor motor control, ataxia and excessive adduction.
- Seat Harness: The Seat Harness provides cushioned comfort. It moves with user's gait pattern allowing the user to shift weight from one leg to the other. The straps can be lengthened, shortened and positioned towards the front or back on the walker frame. It assists in weight-bearing, properly positions user's pelvis and can be used as a safety sling.
- Trunk Support: The trunk support wraps around the user and stabilizes the trunk. Used for patients with poor trunk control, ataxia, poor balance, spasticity or weakness. Height and depth adjustable trunk support includes padded back and lateral pads. The lateral pads are width adjustable. Adjustable straps with front pad secures user for maximum support. Mounts directly on handlebar of both anterior and posterior Safety Rollers.
- Pelvic Stabilizer: The pelvic stabilizer is adjustable in width and features a support belt. It is recommended for users who have an asymmetrical posture when standing or walking and, therefore, cannot stay centered in the walker.
Bariatric Anterior Safety Roller Specifications:
Adult 500 Adult 1000 Handlebar Height 29" - 36" 29" - 36" Overall Width 22.5" - 27.5" 24" - 30" Inside Width 17.5" - 22.5" 19" - 25" Base Depth 25" 25" Weight Limit 500 lbs. 1000 lbs.
Trunk Support Specifications:
Small Large Back Pad 4"H x 6"W 4"H x 12"W Side Pads 3.5"H x 5.5"W 4"H x 8"W Width 6.5" - 9" 11" - 14"
Forearm Platform Specifications:
- Armrest Length: 8".
- Height from Handlebar to Armrest: 2" - 7.5".
- Rotates on its axis 360°.
- 6" of height adjustability.
- 45° wrist angle.
- Supinates and pronates.
- Mounting brackets.
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.