The Kaye Anterior Chest Support Walkers with Forearm Supports, have been specifically designed for users with severe spasticity, athetosis, or ataxia. They allow individuals who can support weight on their legs, but lack the upper extremity strength to use a traditional anterior walker, the opportunity to stand, take steps, and move! The front wheels can swivel or lock in the forward position while the rear wheels have an external ratchet mechanism to prevent the walker from rolling backwards. The anterior chest pad adjusts in height, width, and angle for individual customization.
On the Kaye Anterior Chest Support Walkers without Forearm Supports the handgrip position adjusts front to back for comfortable, secure upper extremity positioning and support. Children who need additional support at the arms will find the adjustable forearm supports with multi-positional handgrips ideal. The walkers fold flat for storage or transport.
- The anterior support walkers are designed for users who can support weight on their legs and take steps, but who lack balance or upper body and shoulder control to use more traditional walkers
- These walkers are intended for users who need forearm and shoulder support in order to maintain an upright alignment for walking. Forearm support aids thoracic extension (upper trunk posture) by allowing weight bearing on the forearms with the elbows aligned under the shoulders
- Available in 4 sizes
- Folds for storage and transportation
- Width between side cushions adjusts
- Angle of chest cushion adjusts
- Width between forearm cushions adjusts
- Forward position and angle of handgrips adjust
- Front wheels swivel or can lock in the forward position
- Rear wheels are equipped with external ratchets, to prevent the walker from rolling backwards
- For specifics on sizes, prices, and model numbers, see the table below
- Optional: Adjustable resistance one-way ratchet wheels and swivel limiters available
To determine the appropriate size, model number, and price, measure from the ground to the nipple-level of the user. Then match that distance with "Height to Top of Chest Cushion" column in the table below. Where either size is appropriate, the larger will allow for more growth.
Kaye Anterior Chest Support Walker with Forearm Support Specifications:
Height to Top of Forearm Cushion (Floor to elbow)
19" - 26"
21.5" - 30"
28" - 39.5"
37” - 45”
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.