The Anterior Pediatric Safety Roller is available in five models to accommodate special needs children from early childhood through young adulthood. The mobility aid's adjustments and compatible modular components provide substantial built-in growth. This in conjunction with the adaptive equipment's sturdy and functional design allow for many years of use. The Safety Roller builds confidence in children as they encourage safe ambulation and a sense of freedom. The child is never without support and is always in full control.
Pediatric Anterior Safety Roller Specifications:
Pediatric Anterior Safety Roller Features:
- Applying pressure to the handlebar activates braking mechanism. When brake is engaged, the brake stopper hits the wheel and the wheels cannot roll. Ideal for patients with limited hand function and/or limited cognizance. The Safety Roller halts in step with the patient and the braking mechanism automatically engages when patient stumbles.
- Height adjustable in 1" increments.
Adjustable brake spring tension.
- Patient is situated in the center of the Safety Roller, which provides maximum support and improved posture.
- Skid resistant, non-marring, easy rolling neoprene wheels. Ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
- Folds easily and stands on its own in the folded position.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Safety Roller Accessories:
Customize your safety roller with accessories that can be mounted individually or in multiple configurations depending on your unique special need.
- Basket: Front mount wire basket with set of clips.
- Extended Uprights: Extends Safety Roller height up to 47". For proper sizing, measure floor to wrist for handlebar height.
- IV Pole: Height adjustable IV pole with mounting bracket.
- Oxygen Tank Holder: Oxygen tank holder for a "D" or "E" cylinder.
- Dial-A-Speed Tabs: Dial-A-Speed tabs provide variable resistance on one or both rear wheels. This serves as a partial brake and allows the user to control the speed of the Safety Roller. Each side is independently adjusted and, therefore, allows for alignment of asymmetrical gait patterns.
- Swivel Wheel Locking Brackets: Locking brackets for front swivel wheels ensure straight walking. They are easily unlocked for increased maneuverability. To combine the advantages of control and easy maneuverability, you can lock one side and unlock the other side.
- Forearm Platforms: Constructed of lightweight aluminum. Multiple adjustments allow for many positioning options. Each side is individually adjustable and allows custom support for each user. Contoured armrest is molded in one piece with a flexible edge for added comfort. Velcro® straps prevent arms from slipping. Brackets mount anywhere along the handlebar, including the front bar, and determined by patient's weight bearing needs.
- Ankle Prompts: Maintains legs and/or feet in abduction, prevents crossing and controls stride length. Used for patients with spasticity, poor motor control, ataxia and excessive adduction.
- Seat Harness: The Seat Harness provides cushioned comfort. It moves with user's gait pattern allowing the user to shift weight from one leg to the other. The straps can be lengthened, shortened and positioned towards the front or back on the walker frame. It assists in weight-bearing, properly positions user's pelvis and can be used as a safety sling.
- Trunk Support: The trunk support wraps around the user and stabilizes the trunk. Used for patients with poor trunk control, ataxia, poor balance, spasticity or weakness. Height and depth adjustable trunk support includes padded back and lateral pads. The lateral pads are width adjustable. Adjustable straps with front pad secures user for maximum support. Mounts directly on handlebar of both anterior and posterior Safety Rollers.
- Pelvic Stabilizer: The pelvic stabilizer is adjustable in width and features a support belt. It is recommended for users who have an asymmetrical posture when standing or walking and, therefore, cannot stay centered in the walker.
Small Medium Large X-Large Handlebar Height 15.5" - 18.5" 22" - 28" 24" - 30" 23" - 29" Overall Width 19" 20" 21.25" 22.5" - 27.5" Inside Width 14" 15" 17" 17.5" - 22.5" Base Depth 25" 25" 25" 25" Weight Limit 100 lbs. 200 lbs. 200 lbs. 400 lbs.
Trunk Support Specifications:
Small Large Back Pad 4"H x 6"W 4"H x 12"W Side Pads 3.5"H x 5.5"W 4"H x 8"W Width 6.5" - 9" 11" - 14"
Forearm Platform Specifications:
- Armrest Length: 8".
- Height from Handlebar to Armrest: 2" - 7.5".
- Rotates on its axis 360°.
- 6" of height adjustability.
- 45° of wrist angle.
- Supinates and pronates.
- Mounting brackets.
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.