The Rifton Tram is a transfer and mobility device designed for the safety, convenience and dignity of both patient and caregiver. Offering more utility for less cost, the Tram seamlessly performs seated transfers and raises a patient for standing and supported ambulation.
Capable of lifting and transferring patients of varying abilities and body types, the Tram features an innovative, patent-pending, support system that secures the patient with a simple buckle. This enables the caregiver to quickly prepare the patient for a
At just over seventy pounds, the Tram’s compact, ultralight frame is maneuverable in small or confined areas, as well as simple to transport or store. Quickly adoptable by multiple caregivers, the Tram’s intelligent engineering significantly reduces back
strain and stress – providing a smarter and safer environment for workers.
Three Powerful Functions:
- Seated Transfers (ideal for toileting) - A carefully engineered telescoping lift column gives the Tram its low profile, providing patients with the security and dignity of unobstructed eye contact with their caregivers and surroundings. The single most frequently cited reason for entering assisted living is toileting difficulties. The Tram makes toilet transfers safe and quick for the caregiver or spouse. Furthermore, its versatility makes the Tram the perfect sit-to-stand solution for the patient who needs help getting up or support while walking.
- Sit-to-Stand Transfers - The ability to transition between sitting and standing is critical for a patient’s independence and health. The Tram’s walking saddle makes it easy for a caregiver to assist a patient with movement – regardless of the caregiver or patient’s size. With the Tram, the transition from sitting to standing, and back down again, is both safe and simple.
- Supported Ambulation - Equipped with a comfortable walking saddle, the Tram provides safe, supported ambulation without using additional floor space or staff. The saddle eliminates a patient’s fear of falling, allowing for increased focus on essential tasks, while maintaining or regaining the ability to walk. Whether for daily exercise or more demanding rehab, the Tram’s combined sit-to-stand and supported walking functions make it essential equipment for the home or institution.
- Body Support System - secures the patient with a simple buckle. It enables the caregiver to prepare the patient quickly for safe transfer.
- Color Coded Clips - Caregivers can quickly hook the metal rings into one of the Tram's four clips.
- Built-in up/down Switch - Raise and lower the Tram using the single button built into the right steering handle.
- Leg Expander - Compact and low profile, the Tram can pass through a 28" doorway with ease. Transfer in and out of the new, wider wheelchairs by rotating the leg expander. Lockable front casters make the Tram mobile, yet secure.
- Three Stage Riser - Telescoping lift column gives the Tram its low profile, providing patients with the security and dignity of unobstructed eye contact with their caregivers and surroundings. The Tram can be raised high enough to support a 76" walking client and then retract down to 43.5" for compact storage.
- Includes one battery, one battery charger, accessories tote & charger power cord **(International power cords available on request)
Rifton Tram Specifications
Measurements Girth 22" - 60" Overall Dimensions
45.5" x 27.5" x 43.5"-58" Product Weight
70 lbs. Turning Diameter
50" Floor to top of base leg
6.75" Armpit Height (when standing)
30.5" - 76" Weight Capacity
Walking Saddle Specifications:
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.