DetailsIf you want the very best.... the FATWHEELS® training heels feature a 12.5" fiberglass reinforced nylon wheels and are mounted on custom 3/8" axle shafts with heavy-duty bearings. Our brackets are manufactured from 3/16" steel and coated with a black powdered finish. FATWHEELS® are specifically designed to provide support and stability to the rider. FATWHEELS® includes (2) 24TPI Axle Extenders and (2) 26TPI Axle ExtendersFor single speed or coaster brake bicycles you will want to use the 24TPI Extenders. For multi-speed or derailleur bicycles you will want to use the 26TPI Extenders..Made in the USA
Fatwheels Training Wheels Specifications:
- Suitable for 16"-20" bicycles
- Weight Capacity: 150 lbs.
- Suitable for 24"-29" bicycles
- Weight Capacity: 150 lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I measure the bike size?
Bike size refers to the size of the rear tire, which is shown on the sidewall of the tire.
Can I use these FATWHEELS® with a multi-speed bicycle?
Yes, you can use the Small (16"-20") or Large (24"-29") FATWHEELS® with a multi-speed bicycle. You will want to use the 26TPI axle extenders that are provided with your FATWHEELS®.
Can FATWHEELS® be mounted on a bike with "quick-release" hubs?
Only the Adult FATWHEELS® can. Additionally, the Small and Large FATWHEELS® kits require a solid rear axle with nuts for mounting. Your local bike shop can help install a solid axle if you do not have one.
Can FATWHEELS® be mounted on a Birdy folding bike?
FATWHEELS® will not fit a Birdy folding bike. The Birdy rear frame configuration is shaped differently than a conventional bike frame it will not allow our brackets to mount on the frame with the same bracket pattern.
How long does the rear axle need to be to mount FATWHEELS®?
Ideally, the axle should stick beyond the nuts at least 3/16 of an inch (equivalent to the thickness of three 0.25¢ coins) before FATWHEELS® can be mounted. Note: FATWHEELS® are made to mount to 3/8" diameter axles. They may be bored out to a larger diameter (such as 10mm or 14mm) if necessary.
What is the distance between the wheels (measured from the center lines)?
It is 21" for the Small FATWHEELS®, 30" for the Large FATWHEELS®, and 32" for the Adult FATWHEELS®.
Can Adult FATWHEELS® be mounted on tandem bicycles?
Yes, Adult FATWHEELS® can be mounted on a tandem bike as long as it has a standard rear frame configuration. The back portion of the frame must resemble a regular bike with a standard seat and chain stay. Confirm this with your bike shop before you order.
Are FATWHEELS® guaranteed?
Yes, satisfaction guaranteed! If they don't perform to your expectations or you are dissatisfied for any reason you may return them for a full refund minus the shipping charges.
VideosThere are no videos available.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Wonderful product we bought them 2 years ago for our 5 year old. The wheels have improved his confidence on a bike. We went from not wanting to ride his bike hated the cheep training wheels to now we ride all the time. As a family, we love the fat wheels and recommend this product highly.
- I have a 5 yr. old son and I can't tell you how many times I watched him crash-n-burn with the "standard equipment" training wheels before I found the "FatWheels" training wheels. Regular training wheels are marginal even on flat smooth surfaces. Any kind of off-road activities are out of the question! Since installing a pair of Fat Training Wheels on my son's bike he is able to safely go with me on rides in our local parks and trails with MUCH better stability and confidence! .....The wheels are much larger and stick out farther from the frame of the bike to provide the best possible ride.