The amazing Moovin and Groovin Swring is constructed of 3 strong wooden-plastic rings plus the platform that kids can sit on, stand on, or hang from, and it swings, spins and revolves all at the same time!
There is more to the Moovin and Groovin Swring than meets the eye: it also helps children develop balance, poise, strength and equilibrium.
Moovin and Groovin Swring Features:
- Precise, durable heat treated bearing spins on a lifetime nylon
- Collapses for easy storage
- High quality non-toxic paint protects it from the weather and the constant use
- Platform contains a non-slip surface
- When the swing is placed 6" above the floor a user can lie on their tummy
Benefits of SWRING-ing noted in therapy:
- Fun to ride - Accommodates 2-3 users at a time, fostering group cooperation, problem solving, turn-taking, fostering flexibility in typical playmate roles. Creative play ideas emerge during use of the SWRING - astronauts flying in space ships, Group activities on the SWRING also encourage coordination and body awareness related to moving one’s body near/next to a peer’s body.
- Improves balance and core strength - stand to squat balance [ski pose or quad strengthening], promotes head inversion/ vestibular activation when reaching down to the floor and returning up to standing.
- Supports integration of the body moving in space for kids with gravitational insecurity
- Supports bilateral coordination of arms/legs for climbing and transitioning body in/out of the SWRING
- Supports neck/arm/trunk righting reactions which all translate to improving body position in space sensation, and increasing graded, controlled muscle responses, and appropriate timing with muscle responses
- Vestibular/Spinning input increases alertness levels with great social emotional outcomes (improved eye contact, increased vocalizations, increased spontaneous speech, increased affect/expressions and engagement)
- Improves postural control and alignment - orthopedically-challenged kiddos, and kids with limited movement experiences quickly learn how to orient their bodies and align the spine vertically for more optimal posturing during face to face interactions and during UE/upper extremity functional tasks.
- Basket frame provides a sense of security for short sitting and scooting around while seated on the bottom platform.
Moovin And Groovin Swring Specifications:
- Dimensions: 90" x 48"
- User Capacity: 2-3 users
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- The Swring helps improve the vestibular system, getting kids on the Swing gets them moving, helping them develop language systems. I believe it should be used by Reading Specialists.
- Our kids range from 15 months to 16 years. One child is non verbal, but he will get the Swring going very quickly. He wants me to get on it with him, which I do as often as I can. We use the Swring every day.
- For me, what I like about the Swring the most is that it is really multi-functional. A lot of the catalogs we use to order equipment from just have swings. Where the Swring has the swing and climbing aspects, it has many different ways to be used.
- I think the primary colors are good