Whether your swimmer is prone to swimmer's ear, has ear tubes or ear drum perforations, or simply doesn't like to get water in their ears, the Ear Band-It Ultra Swim Headband / Putty Buddies Combo has you covered.
The Ear Band-It® Ultra is made from custom-designed, embossed neoprene on the inner side of the headband providing extra grip on the forehead, ears, and back of the head to avoid slipping during most types of water activity. It also contains 4.0mm 100% neoprene instead of 2.0mm-3.0mm neoprene blend that other headbands use. This gives the Ear Band-It® Ultra unparalleled strength and comfort as it holds earplugs or ear molds in place.
The unique shape of the Ear Band-It® Ultra is different than the Original Ear Band-It® headband and other swimming headbands. The ear flaps are larger, which increases the surface area, creating more grip and better coverage of the ear itself. Also the bridge at the forehead has been widened, which adds strength, reduces the potential for tearing at this stress point, and increases skin contact surface area for better grip.
With the headband, you'll also recieve a set of Floating Putty Buddies, the world's only soft moldable silicone floating earplugs. Recommended by physician's for prevention of swimmer's ear or for kids with ear tubes, these tacky-textedure earplugs are designed to cover the opening of the ear rather than inside, allowing for a more comfortable fit. Their tacky texture keeps the plugs in place and, if they do fall out, they'll float to the surface of the pool of bath for easy finding.
Each combo comes with one Ear Band-It Ultra headband and one set of Putty Buddies. Colors may vary. No color choice available. For health reasons, we are unable to accept returns or exchanges of this product.
Ear Band-It Ultra Swim Headband / Putty Buddies Specifications
Ear Band-It Sizes Band Size Optimum Fit Range Recommended Age Small 19" 16.5" - 18.5" 1-3 years Medium 20.5 18.5" - 20.5" 4-9 years Large 23 20.5" - 23" 10 to adult
Each combo features one (1) Ear Band-It Swim Headband and one (1) set of Floatable Putty Buddies ear plugs.
Ear Band-It Ultra Swim Headband
- Durable 4.0mm 100% Neoprene construction
- Velcro enclosure
Floatable Putty Buddies
- Pair of soft moldable silicone earplugs
- Tacky texture keeps earplugs in place
- Designed for OVER the ear opening rather than inside
No color choice available. For health reasons, we are unable to accept returns or exchanges of this product.
How to use Putty Buddies® silicone ear plugs:
- Do NOT force into ear canal.
- Handle with clean, dry hands. Be sure any sunscreen, tanning oils, or skin moisturizers are removed from hands prior to handling.
- Ear plugs should be placed over a clean and dry ear canal by an adult, never a child.
- Flatten plug with fingers and shape to cover outer ear until snugly fit.
- Do NOT tear plugs at any time. Use the entire ear plug for each ear. If plug appears to separate or crack, please do not use or attempt to remold together. Discard and use a new pair.
- Remove plugs by pressing up, under the backside of the ear. Then pull down on the ear lobe. Alternating these techniques several times will release the plug from over the ear canal for easy removal and storage.
- Discard after 2 weeks of use or when plugs become dirty, start to crack/crumble, or lose their tackiness.
- If any material remains in the ear canal after removal of the ear plug, do not attempt to remove this material yourself as you may push it deeper inside. Please see an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist (not a generalist) as soon as possible and they should be able to readily remove any material.
- Note that silicone is water repellant and will not likely be removed from skin or hair with water. If any silicone material gets stuck to skin or hair, use mineral oil or any natural oil-based product to remove the material.
- Ear plugs are for use ONLY in water. If the user is out of the water for more than 5 minutes, please remove ear plugs, store and reapply (or use new pair) when re-entering the water.
Putty Buddies® silicone ear plugs are reusable and should be stored in the handy carrying case. Discard the ear plugs when they become dirty or lost their tackiness. Silicone ear plugs are recommended by doctors for swimming, showering and general water protection. Not recommended for diving in depths greater than 10 feet. Although Putty Buddies® are not intended for noise prevention, the user will experience a slight reduction in hearing when plugs are worn. For maximum protection, ear plugs should be worn with the Ear Band-It® head band.HELPFUL TIPS:1) Only handle the silicone with clean dry hands. Avoid touching the silicone with oily/dirty hands or bringing them into contact with lotions, oils, hair and other oil-based substances.2) Make sure the user's ear is clean, dry and free from wax/oils prior to placing the ear plugs over the ear canal.3) Make sure the plug does not have any cracks or folds prior to placement over the ear canal. If it does, discard and use a new pair.4) Flatten the plug into a disk, place over the ear canal and pressed gently on the plug in a direction outward from the ear canal to "lock" the silicone into the outer cartilage of the ear.5) To remove the ear plug, grab the ear lobe with thumb on the back of the earlobe and fingers on the front of the ear lobe. Push/pull up and down several times. This should ensure that the silicone dislodges easily in one uniform piece from the ear without leaving residue behind. Parents should inspect their child’s ear after each use to make sure that no silicone material remains around the ear canal.6) Once removed, store the ear plugs in the plastic container (covered)until further use.CAUTION: Only cover opening of ear. DO NOT INSERT IN EAR CANAL. Silicone ear plugs are safe when used as instructed. Keep away from infants. If swallowed, the plugs are non-toxic but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipes. Do not spread silicone plugs too thin. Avoid contact with hair and oil based lotions.If you push a silicone ear plug into your ear canal, do not try to remove it yourself. Do not use tweezers, cotton swabs or other devices as these may push the plug further into canal. See an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Physician as they have the proper instruments and skill to remove the plugs safely. A silicone ear plug in the ear canal for a short time may be harmless, providing you do not attempt to remove the ear plug yourself and accidentally push it deeper into the opening.
VideosThere is no video available.