Get the best of both worlds with ARK's Z-Grabber® - an innovative oral motor tool that combines the benefits of both the DnZ-Vibe® and the Grabber®. Enjoy all the versatility of the DnZ-Vibe® and its over 30 interchangeable tips plus the added bonus of a chewable "Grabber" loop attached to the plastic handle.
For individuals who crave vibration and sensory stimulation from the DnZ-Vibe®, use the Z-Grabber™ to transition them into working on biting and chewing skills with the textured tip and chewable loop. For individuals who enjoy tactile input from the Grabber®, use the Z-Grabber™ for added sensory input and to transition them into using the various tips of the DnZ-Vibe® to work on speech and feeding skills. The loop can also be used as a handle for added convenience.
Most people are either auditory or visual learners. Sometimes, however, these two senses are not enough, and we must look to other options, such as the sense of touch. Speech-Language Pathologists have been trained to use tactile input to teach individuals how to lateralize their tongue, elevate their tongue tip, make a tongue bowl, close their lips, learn a rotary chew, position the articulators for sound production, and various other oral motor skills. The Z-Grabber™ is a tool to help therapists work on these skills in and around the mouth. It can always be used in the off position without vibration. Or, it can be turned on for additional sensory input with its smooth, gentle vibrations. Vibration provides a new level of sensory stimulation to increase awareness and to draw more acute attention to the articulators. Many individuals also find vibration to be calming and soothing.
The Z-Grabber™ is sold with one Textured Bite-n-Chew Tip XL and one Switch Tip. Other tips sold separately. Battery included (this is a special Vibe Battery not sold in stores - we recommend buying a spare).
MADE in the USA out of medical grade, FDA compliant materials that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
Caution: this therapeutic tool should be used under adult supervision at all times. When changing tips and/or the battery, please use caution as the unit contains small parts that pose a choking hazard.
ARK's Z-Grabber Features:
- The Z-Grabber™ has a lightweight, portable design. The handle (excluding the yellow tip) measures approximately 4.75" in length and just about ½ an inch in diameter. Including the tip, the unit measures an additional 2 inches in length.
- One end of the plastic handle is sealed off from the internal components so that no saliva, water, or moisture can enter from that end while working in the mouth. The Switch Tip at the opposite end of the handle turns the unit on and off and can be easily removed to replace the battery.
- The chewable "Grabber" loop can be used either for biting/chewing exercises or as a handle for easy gripping. Please note, however, that the loop is not as "chewy" as the original Grabber, as the loop has a plastic core to secure it to the handle.
- Made in the USA! The Z-Grabber™ and all of its tips are manufactured in the United States from medical grade materials that are FDA compliant and contain no lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
ARK's Z-Grabber Specifications:
- Stimulate the gums, palate, lips, and tongue with the Z-Grabber's smooth, gentle vibrations.
- Use it to "wake up" the mouth and increase oral awareness, to decrease oral sensitivities, to target specific articulators, and to improve a variety of skills during feeding and oral motor therapy.
- While the DnZ-Vibe® is mainly used for oral motor stimulation, it can also be used outside the mouth on the cheeks, neck, and arms for additional sensory input.
- To work on specific goals, the Z-Grabber™ has over 30 interchangeable tips available for targeted uses. For example, use a Fine Tip to isolate a specific spot in the oral cavity, or a Sylvie Spoon Tip to assist in the transition from puréed to textured foods.
- For more detailed instructions and exercises, check out Tips & Techniques for the Z-Vibe®, a how-to guide written by Debra C. Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP.
- CAN NOT BE RETURNED
Additional InformationFor health reasons we are unable to accept returns or exchanges of hygiene products.
VideosThere are no videos available.