For parents, families and caregivers, Stop That Seemingly Senseless Behavior! book is a great follow up to the Functional Behavior Assessment for People with Autism. Once the purpose of a child’s problematic behavior has been determined through a functional behavior assessment (FBA), the next step is to work on modifying that behavior.
This guide aims to develop an effective behavior intervention plan to stop undesirable behaviors such as hitting, screaming or repetitive questioning. The book outlines an educational approach that not only reduces the problem behavior but also teaches the autistic individual new skills to get his needs met.
Stop That Seemingly Senseless Behavior Features:
- Review of what an FBA is.
- How behavior is learned and unlearned.
- Preventing challenging behavior.
- Replacement behaviors.
- Reinforcement techniques.
- Pros & cons of reinforcement vs. punishment.
- Interventions tailored to the function of the problem behavior.
- Collecting and graphing data.
- Writing behavior intervention plans.
- Positive Behavior Supports.
- Case studies and "Keep it Simple" tips.
Stop That Seemingly Senseless Behavior Specifications:
- 150 pages.
- Soft cover.
- By Beth A. Glasberg, Ph.D. BCBA.