This DVD is like having a personalized hands-on workshop, providing definitions and concrete examples of the ins and outs of a verbal behavior program. For those looking to learn how to implement or optimize a Verbal Behavior program, this is the series you've been waiting for. Getting Started demonstrates the behavioral approaches necessary to begin your verbal behavior program.
The DVD is easy to follow and teaches both educators and parents essential skills. Chapters include Gaining Instructional Control, Variables of Intensive Teaching, Behavioral Classification of Language / Verbal Operants, Transfer Procedures, Error Correction Procedure and Teaching Demonstration. Through role modeling, these Behavior Analysts thoroughly explain the steps needed to teach communication skills to students with autism in an optimal teaching environment.
In this first DVD, you will learn how to:
- Establish and maintain learner cooperation
- Use easy and understandable steps to teach in the intensive teaching environment
- Identify and prevent common teaching mistakes
- Define the concept of a word and then teach it across its many functions
- Teach a new skill while preventing errors
- Properly correct errors when they do occur
This DVD includes a demonstration of teaching in the intensive teaching environment.
DVD, Approximately 1 hour
Due to copyright, software/videos is non-returnable. If your product is defective in any way, it can be replaced with another version of the same software/videos, at no extra charge to the user.