The Signing Time Classroom Edition DVD is an excellent resource for any school setting where there are a group of children and young learners. The activities are geared for ages 3-9, but are useful for special needs students of all ages that are hearing impaired or utilize non-verbal communication.
The learning DVDs are broken into teaching units. Each unit is organized around a dozen or more signs and contain fun activities for sign language practice. The music CDs contain favorite Signing Times songs and sing-along accompaniment tracks.
Signing Time - Classroom Edition Unit Features:
- Teacher Tips: Brief articles with useful helps and hints for using sign language in the classroom.
- Sign Reference Guide: A handy guide with pictures and descriptions teaching how to sign the words in each unit.
- Introducing the Signs: Fun ideas for introducing the signs in each unit.
- Games and Activities: Activities with educational merit that provide opportunities for sign language practice. Organized by age/grade range and matched with select national standards according to McREL's Compendium of Content Standards and Benchmarks.
- Poems and Songs: Practice each unit’s signs with simple poems and familiar tunes.
- CD and DVD Lyrics: Sing and sign along with the Signing Time songs on CD and DVD.
- Book List: A list of children’s books relevant to each unit's topic.
- Flash Card Sheets: 246 black-and-white sign flash cards! Flash cards can be photocopied so each student can have their own set.
- Supplemental Materials: A Certificate of Achievement and additional templates for certain activities are included. All are presented in crisp black-and-white for easy photocopying.
Signing Time - Classroom Edition Specifications:
- Designed for ages 3-9 (PreK - 3rd Grade) - useful for students of all ages.
- 2" binder.
- 8 DVDs.
- 2 music CDs.
- 16 units of lesson material.
- CAN NOT BE RETURNED
Signing Time - Classroom Edition Units:
- Unit 1: At School.
- Unit 2: In My Classroom.
- Unit 3: Colors.
- Unit 4: Feelings.
- Unit 5: The Alphabet.
- Unit 6: Numbers (1-20).
- Unit 7: Getting Along.
- Unit 8: Family.
- Unit 9: Outside.
- Unit 10: Seasons.
- Unit 11: Eat & Drink.
- Unit 12: Fruits & Vegetables.
- Unit 13: Days of the Week.
- Unit 14: Pets.
- Unit 15: Farm Animals.
- Unit 16: Zoo Animals.
Additional InformationDue to copyright, software/videos is non-returnable. If your product is defective in any way, it can be replaced with another version of the same software/videos, at no extra charge to the user.
VideosThere are no videos available.