A great new tool designed to give students visual information about their school day. The detailed, hand-drawn picture cards depict activities that commonly occur in classrooms, from preschool through high school.
The cards can be used to sequence daily activities, show changes in daily schedules, identify and label pictures and words, request activities, make choices as well as to ask and answer questions. For example, the picture card visitors allows the teacher to let the students know that guests will be coming into the classroom. The emergency drill card enables the teacher to visually inform and prepare children to go outside and line up, without being frightened.
Each 3” x 3” full-color card has words printed on both sides to increase picture/word association and literacy skills. Velcro coins come included and can be attached to the back of each card and displayed in the classroom. This is a perfect set for early intervention programs, special education classes and inclusion programs.
A few sample activities:
- Use VISUAL SCHEDULE picture cards to remind students of their daily activities in the classroom. For example, going to your cubby, going to the bathroom, circle time, work at centers, snack time, PE, music, visitors coming or time to go home, etc.
- Use VISUAL SCHEDULE picture cards to inform parents and caregivers of the student's activities for that day. Ask the student what he/she did at school. The student can then show or give an appropriate picture of an activity they did today.
- Use VISUAL SCHEDULE picture cards for making transitions smoother! When changing activities(or locations)show the classroom a picture of where they are going.
- Use VISUAL SCHEDULE picture cards to answer questions. Ask questions that can be answered by showing an appropriate picture. (ex:"How do you get to school?" Answer: Bus. "Where do you store your backpack?" Answer: Locker. etc.)
- Use VISUAL SCHEDULE picture cards as vocabulary. Use pictures of favorite items or activities to teach vocabulary
Visual Schedule for the Classroom Specifications:
- Card Dimensions: 3" x 3"
- Full-colored cards
- Velcro coins included
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.