DetailsThe Activity Set is a Parents' Choice CLASSIC award winner, containing 84 Wikki Stix in 16 colors and two sizes (48 each 8" and 36 each 6"), plus multi-use playboard, handy storage bag and eight pages of fun ideas and illustrations.What are Wikki Stix?Wikki Stix are a one of a kind activity that is twistable, stickable, buildable, playable while offering therapeutic benefits as well. Created from a unique, patented wax formula and yarn, Wikki Stix are more versatile and creative than a typical child’s craft.
Great for 3-D activities, Wikki Stix make it easy to change designs and reposition creations. A modeling toy that is equally appealing to boys and girls, Wikki Stix stimulate creativity and imagination. A fantastic teaching tool, teachers find multiple applications for using reusable Wikki Stix in the classroom.
Wikki Stix are made of a strand of acrylic, hand-knitting yarn enhanced with a microcrystalline, food-grade, non-toxic wax. There is no latex, nor any peanut or nut oil. The wax is similar to that used in lipsticks and on food products.Activities for Special Needs Students:Wikki Stix are a tactile, sensory and engaging product which can be used to help children and adults with special needs.... in myriad ways. Made in the USA, Wikki Stix are non-toxic of course, and bring a fun and colorful approach to challenging issues. Because Wikki Stix are easy to peel up and reposition, they are virtually "mistake-free" which helps build self-esteem.Soft and pliable, Wikki Stix can be used by small fingers for all kinds of fine motor skills... from learning to form letters and numbers to simple grip and finger strengthening exercises. These same concepts are applicable for arthritic fingers as well. A few ideas to try:
Perfect for making a raised border to show where to start and stop on the paper.... and to make coloring inside the lines easier.
Zip it up! Thread a Wikki through the hole on the zipper and twist. Makes it easier to pull up and down with the Wikki to hold onto.
Wrap a Wikki around the base of a pencil for use as a grip; also a reminder to "hold it down low".
Wikki Stix are a quiet and creative fidget tool, providing a calming effect which may help children better focus on classroom activities.
Wikkies may help generate verbal interaction, as children create while using them. This may also be helpful in the development of social skills, through tactilely engaging play.
For Handwriting Skills:
- Use for prewriting strokes, as well as to practice letter formation. Wikki Stix can also be used to trace prewriting shapes (especially good on laminated paper to be used repeatedly.)
- Improve hand grasp and stability by wrapping 1/2 of a Wikki around the base of a pencil; also a good reminder to hold it "down low".
- Create letters and numbers out of Wikki Stix and have student run his/her fingers over them for tactile input.
- Use Wikki Stix to make borders when handwriting, to keep letters on the line, as well as to indicate where to start and stop on the paper. Can also be used to create boxes to keep letters in.
Kinesthetic Learning Activities:
- Write a letter or number on the chalkboard and have students reproduce the same design using Wikki Stix. Blindfold a student and have him/her identify the letter or number a classmate has made with Wikki Stix.
Wikki Stix Activity Set Specifications:
- Contains 84 Wikki Stix
- 16 colors
- 2 sizes (48 each 8" and 36 each 6")
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Wanted to wait a couple months before I reviewed these to see how they stood up. They are a great quiet toy for my four year old. They have stood up to being rolled into tiny balls, twisted together and being left all over the house. As said in their description they never dry out or break. I'm very happy with these, hours of fun for her at a low price.
- My children really loved this activity and having the board to place their designs is just perfect. We took it to a restaurant and it kept them busy while we waited for the food. My husband and I also enjoyed playing with our children. Wikki Stix stimulates the imagination!! Parents should give it a try.
- I got these for my daughter, who is 10. She loves sticking them to her wall, making words and designs. They do not leave any marks on the surfaces they are attached to. I think they were a good buy.