DetailsA hands-on, inter-active board book for ages three and up. Each page features a fun, colorful illustration with something missing. Complete the picture with the appropriate colored Wikki Stix! Wonderful way to help learn colors - great for fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Includes 36 Wikki Stix.A Sample Page from The Wikki Stix Book of Wiggles, Squiggles and Curlicues!"Oh dear, said Piggy, where's my tail gone? I'll need some help to put it back on.""Help Piggy by placing a matching colored Wikki on the star where Piggy's tail should be. Be sure to make it a curly tail! Then add a blue Wikki to outline the edge of the pond."What are Wikki Stix?Wikki Stix are a one of a kind activity that is twistable, stickable, buildable, playable while offering therapeutic benefits as well. Created from a unique, patented wax formula and yarn, Wikki Stix are more versatile and creative than a typical child’s craft.
Great for 3-D activities, Wikki Stix make it easy to change designs and reposition creations. A modeling toy that is equally appealing to boys and girls, Wikki Stix stimulate creativity and imagination. A fantastic teaching tool, teachers find multiple applications for using reusable Wikki Stix in the classroom.
Wikki Stix are made of a strand of acrylic, hand-knitting yarn enhanced with a microcrystalline, food-grade, non-toxic wax. There is no latex, nor any peanut or nut oil. The wax is similar to that used in lipsticks and on food products.Activities for Special Needs Students:Wikki Stix are a tactile, sensory and engaging product which can be used to help children and adults with special needs.... in myriad ways. Made in the USA, Wikki Stix are non-toxic of course, and bring a fun and colorful approach to challenging issues. Because Wikki Stix are easy to peel up and reposition, they are virtually "mistake-free" which helps build self-esteem.Soft and pliable, Wikki Stix can be used by small fingers for all kinds of fine motor skills... from learning to form letters and numbers to simple grip and finger strengthening exercises. These same concepts are applicable for arthritic fingers as well. A few ideas to try:
Perfect for making a raised border to show where to start and stop on the paper.... and to make coloring inside the lines easier.
Zip it up! Thread a Wikki through the hole on the zipper and twist. Makes it easier to pull up and down with the Wikki to hold onto.
Wrap a Wikki around the base of a pencil for use as a grip; also a reminder to "hold it down low".
Wikki Stix are a quiet and creative fidget tool, providing a calming effect which may help children better focus on classroom activities.
Wikkies may help generate verbal interaction, as children create while using them. This may also be helpful in the development of social skills, through tactilely engaging play.
For Handwriting Skills:
- Use for prewriting strokes, as well as to practice letter formation. Wikki Stix can also be used to trace prewriting shapes (especially good on laminated paper to be used repeatedly.)
- Improve hand grasp and stability by wrapping 1/2 of a Wikki around the base of a pencil; also a good reminder to hold it "down low".
- Create letters and numbers out of Wikki Stix and have student run his/her fingers over them for tactile input.
- Use Wikki Stix to make borders when handwriting, to keep letters on the line, as well as to indicate where to start and stop on the paper. Can also be used to create boxes to keep letters in.
Kinesthetic Learning Activities:
- Write a letter or number on the chalkboard and have students reproduce the same design using Wikki Stix. Blindfold a student and have him/her identify the letter or number a classmate has made with Wikki Stix.
Wikki Stix Book of Wiggles, Squiggles and Curlicues Specifications:
- Includes 36 Wikki Stix
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.