The Wood Lacing Sneaker by Melissa and Doug helps you teach your child how to tie their first bow. The wooden shoe with a durable lace will allow kids to lace and tie over and over again!. The shoe is painted in kid friendly red and white.
Skills Developed: Small & fine motor skills and coordination.
Wood Lacing Sneaker Specifications:
- Age: 3+
- Dimensions: 8" x 5" x 3.75"
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- This is a well made product. The shoe is wooden and the lace is nice and long and hasn't frayed yet. My youngest daughter (2 1/2 years) does always want to put the shoe on (to no avail). It has been helpful for my eldest daughter (almost 4 years) to learn to tie a shoe. Although she hasn't mastered the art of shoe tying, I believe the wooden shoe is helping. I think this a better idea than all those books that explain how to do it because everyone seems to do it a little differently. I give the shoe 5 stars for the purpose it was intended for.
- This lace up sneaker is awesome. After I convinced my 4 year old he could not wear it, it has been a great learning tool. It is really a good size and easy to teach and practice on.
- My daughter asked for this for months. We finally bought one for her for Christmas, and she loves it! It's great, colorful, sturdy, and big enough for little fingers to manipulate. She'll be tying her own shoes in no time!!
- My grandson got such a thrill out of this shoe. I believe it actually made him want to learn to tie his shoe. He could not for the life of him grasp the concept of tying his shoes before I purchased this toy. The day it arrived in the mail, he started practicing and did not stop until he learned to tie his shoe. He learned the same day!! He was so excited, as was I. To think, the day before he got the shoe he couldn't tie his shoes, the day he got the shoe, he learned as if it were the easiest thing in the world for him to do. He did not get frustrated or give up like before he got the shoe. It was an excellent investment but, I couldn't help but wonder, "wow too bad he didn't learn to do this before I ordered the shoe", he only had it one day and already it had served its purpose.
- It's funny how you take something like this, put it in front of a child that has been having difficulty learning to tie shoes and he learns in about 5 minutes. Amazing quality!