The Hope Car Bed Standard is specially designed to allow small children with special health care needs to lie prone while riding in an automobile. Createad to transport children who cannot ride in a traditional car seat, the Hope Car Bed can accommodate an infant weighing from 4.5 lbs to 35 lbs and with height of up to 29" long (if knees are bent).
The Hope Car Bed is the best choice if the child will need to ride in the bed for a long time. This bed offers five different methods of restraint and is intended for individual use, hospital loaner programs, or medical institutional use. The Hope Car Bed is also available in a version which accommodates children with hip casts more easily. The car bed can be installed in the rear seat on the right side, behind the passenger seat. This car bed is an ideal option for infants who need to travel on their stomach or side, cannot tolerate a semi-reclined position, or cannot use harness straps.
Hope Car Bed Standard Features:
- Allows for transport of special needs children who cannot ride in a traditional car seat
- Allows for transport of infants who need to travel on their stomach or side, cannot tolerate a semi-reclined position, or cannot use harness straps
- Provides 5 different methods of restraint with 3 positions
- Includes cummerbund, restraint bag, and three-point harness
- Provides slots for feeding medical tubes
Hope Car Bed Standard Specifications:
- Minimum Weight: 4.5 lbs
- Maximum Weight: 35 lbs
- Maximum Height: Up to 29 inches (or taller if legs are permitted to bend)
- Largest car bed available
- Includes one small restraint bag and one large cummerband
- Restraint bag securely attaches to the bed and features dual entry zippers
- Cummerband wrap provides comfort and optimal positioning