Leckey Pal Classroom Seat | PAL: Posture+Attention=LearningDesigned by the Leckey team of experienced therapists and engineers, the Leckey Pal Classroom Seat is an attractive, sturdy and easy-to use classroom and kindergarten seating system for kids of 1-12 years of age. Ideal for children with mild to moderate postural needs, it is designed to give improved stability, which helps reduce fatigue and allows the child longer periods of concentration and fine motor activity.Available in a choice of pink or blue, the Pal's wipe-clean fabric is durable, nontoxic and antimicrobial. It is available in 4 sizes with a number of different base options – fixed legs, castor legs, a rocker, an anti-rocker and a high seat (size 1 only). The design allows simple hand adjustment of the back rest angle, seat depth and seat height. An adjustable 2-point pelvic belt and 1" thick seat cushion are standard.The Pal seat is designed to be a simple self-assessment product for children who need minimal physical support. The simplicity of Pal enables the therapist to assess the child’s needs, instantly order their Pal Classroom Seat and quickly and easily set up the product when it arrives. Pal really is the simple, fast way to help kids join in with learning.
Trunk and Head Alignment
- When children are posturally unstable, they end up using excess energy trying to maintain stability and balance. This can leave little left for concentration, listening and fine motor tasks.
- Pelvic stability is achieved using a simple combination of two-point lap belt and side pads for lateral stability.
- An optional Wedge Seat Cushion can be added if children need a little extra help to keep pelvis and femurs in alignment.
- Maintaining the trunk in a midline posture translates into improved head alignment, enabling eyes to focus more easily, and contributing to improved reading and writing ability.
- Where a less upright angle is required, the backrest angle and armrests adjust to suit the child’s needs, and along with the large tray or table, provides appropriate posterior and anterior support.
Leg and Foot Positioning
- When children are provided with postural stability, their functional abilities are enhanced. Pal’s additional features allow increased function.
- For small children, the optional high seat frame converts Pal size 1 to a high chair, ideal for feeding and inclusion at family meal times.
Leckey Pal Classroom Chair Features:
- Supporting the femurs and feet is important for weight distribution and therefore comfort.
- The seat depth is adjustable for maximum femoral support, and when children need additional help to maintain the alignment of their femurs, a pommel is available.
Lower leg and foot support is provided by the height adjustable legs and footplate, contributing to pelvic stability.
A range of accessories is available – footplate, pommel, activity tray, wedge cushion and thicker side cushions to reduce seat width, if required. Pal really is the simple and fast way to help kids join in with learning.
4 sizes available
4 color options
Wipe clean fabric
- Seat Pad
2 point pelvic strap
Adjustable seat base depth
Angle adjustable backrest
Height adjustable legs
Side Pads. Sold in pairs to reduce seat width.
Casters. Two front non-swivel wheels and two rear swivel locking castors.
Wedge Seat Cushion. 1"H in back and 2"H in front.
Hi Seat Frame. Raises seat 25.6" (650mm) above floor. Size 1 only. Seat sold separately.
Leckey Pal Classroom Seat Specifications
Size 1 Size 2 Size 3 Size 4 Weight Capacity 66 lbs. 77 lbs. 88 lbs. 110 lbs. Target Height 27.6 - 37.4" 35.4 - 41.3" 39.4 - 51.2" 48 - 64" Target Age 1 - 3 years 2 - 5 years 4 - 8 years 7 - 12 years Inside Seat Depth 7.1 - 9.4" 8.7 - 11.4" 9.8 - 13" 12 - 16" Inside Seat Width 5.9 - 9.8" 6.7 - 10.6" 9.1 - 13" 11.1 - 15.2" Seat Back Height 10.4" 12.4" 15" 15" Seat to Footplate 5.5" 6.5" 9.1" 11.2" Weight of Seat 9.6 lbs. 13.2 lbs. 17.9 lbs. 22"
Frequently Asked Questions:How do I choose if the Leckey Pal Classroom Seat is right for me?
The Pal Classroom Seat has been designed for children ages 1-12 years with mild postural needs. It is designed to give improved stability which helps reduce fatigue and allows the child longer periods of concentration and fine motor activity.Can I adjust the backrest angle of the Pal seat?
Yes, the backrest angle is adjustable from 95° - 105°. Maintaining the trunk in a midline posture translates into improved head alignment, enabling eyes to focus more easily, and contributing to improved reading and writing ability. Where a less upright angle is required, the backrest angle and armrests adjust to suit the child’s needs, and along with the large tray, provides appropriate posterior and anterior support.Does the Leckey Pal seat have an option for a shoulder harness?
No, the Pal seat does not offer an option for a shoulder harness.How do I determine which size Leckey Pal chair to purchase?
Refer to our Sizing Chart under the Specifications tab. You will need to focus on the seat depth, seat width, seat back height, seat to footrest, and weight capacity. If you are not sure on which size to choose, we recommend completing the Measurement Form and reviewing those measurements against the Sizing Chart. This will also help in selecting an special needs chair that will allow for growing room as well.For help with measuring and fitting the user, use our Measurement Form or contact one of our seating specialists at 877-664-4565.Is the Leckey Pal Classroom Seat shipped assmebled or do I have to assemble?The Pal chairs are shipped unassembled to you and does require assembly. The Pal seats come with full installation instructions and are simple to assemble.How do you clean and care for the Leckey Pal Chair?
Wipe clean with warm soapy water followed by a clean water rinse.
Do not use strong detergents, abrasive products, organic solvents or dry cleaning fluids.
Heavily ingrained soiling may be removed by scrubbing with a soft brush.
Most stains, e.g. food and drinks or urine will not be absorbed by the vinyl and can be wiped off without any permanent damage, but difficult substances such as ball point pen ink should be cleaned off immediately to avoid permanent staining.
Check all wooden components regularly to ensure there are no cracks or splitters.