DetailsRecaro Performance Sport Reha Car Seat is designed specifically for children with special needs. Seat and back with integrated height-adjustable headrest, infinite angle adjustment of the headrest by an integrated air cushion, rest and safe sleeping position, 5-point positioning belt (with convenient central adjuster up to 90 lbs.), extra side impact protection, ventilated foam, easy removable cover, can be machine-washed at 86° F (30° C).Recaro Performance Sport Reha Car Seat has passed U.S. crash testing (FMVSS 213), ISO/TC22/SC12/WG1 N538. Suitable for forward-facing installation only.
The Recaro Performance Sport Reha Car Seat is designed to provide postural support for children with special seating needs, whilst maintaining the high safety standards of ordinary car seats. It is designed to cover the full age spectrum of children weighing between 20 and 90 lbs., whose height is between 27"-50" and who are over 12 month old in harness mode or 30 – 120 lbs., and whose height is between 37"-59" in booster mode.. The seat comes as standard with removable lateral trunk supports, side supports and head supports, to enable adaptation of the seat to suit the needs of the individual child.
The back of the seat is fitted with an integrated fourfold height-adjustable back/headrest, allowing the seat to cater to the growing child’s dimensions. Should your child need to be sat at an angle, a seat wedge is available, which can be placed underneath the seat to change the angle of the complete car seat. The child is securely strapped into the seat with a fully adjustable 5-point harness.
The car seat can be fitted in either the rear passenger seats using the standard 3-point seatbelt. Patented belt tensioner clips on either side of the seat prevent your child from being able to take the seatbelt over their head. When securing your special needs car seat into your vehicle it is most important that you familiarize yourself with the correct fixing instructions, appropriate to your vehicle, before use. It is recommended that the instructions for use be kept with the seat to ensure that the correct fitting procedure is adhered to at all times.
This special needs car seat upholstery is made from microfiber. This makes it sturdy and durable as well as providing extra shock absorption in case of impact. Fixed side wings help provide impact protection to the hips. The seat cover is removable and machine washable.
This is a Universal Restraint System for disabled children. It is approved in accordance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 for general use in vehicles and it will fit most but not all cars. A correct fit is likely if the vehicle manufacturer has declared in the vehicle handbook that the vehicle is capable of accepting a Universal Restraint System for this age group. Only suitable for use in vehicles with 3-point (lap & shoulder) seat belts. This is a seat for children weighing between 20 and 90 lbs., whose height is between 27"-50" and who are over 12 month old in harness mode or 30 – 120 lbs., and whose height is between 37"-59" in booster mode. Suitable only for forward-facing installation.
Recaro Performance Sport Reha Car Seat Specifications:
- Seat Shell
- Machine washable cover set
- Fourfold Height Adjustable Headrest
- Extra supportive padding (lateral head & trunk)
- Belt Shield
- Fully adjustable 5-Point Harness (with convenient central adjuster up to 90 lbs.)
- Approved acc. to current US standard FMVSS 213
- HERO system to prevent the harness from twisting
- Enhanced cup holders
Harness Mode Booster Mode Recommended User Height 27" - 50" tall
37" - 59" tall
Minimum User Weight 20 lbs. 30 lbs. Maximum User Weight 90 lbs. 120 lbs. Seat Depth 14" 14" Seat Width
14.5" (10" with seat pads) 14.5" (10" with seat pads) Seat Height 25" - 32" 25" - 32" Interior back height 23" - 30" 23" - 30" Harness Height 12" - 18" 12" - 18" Crotch Strap Positions 12" - 18" 12" - 18" Overall Dimensions 19" x 26" x 22" 19" x 26" x 22" Weight of Seat 22 lbs. 22lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions:Is this car seat airplane approved?
Only the harness mode is certified for use in an aircraft (excluding footrest).
Can this car seat be used in harness mode if the user is over 50" tall?
No, unfortunately the user would be too tall for the harness to fit properly. If the user is over 50" the booster mode is recommended.
VideosThere are no videos available.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Awesome Car Seat
- My parents purchased this about 2 months ago and I LOVE this car seat! The harness adjustment is super easy and had a lot of different positions, and there are a lot of reclining positions. It's so easy to use, and ready to go right out of the box. The manual is super easy to read and understand, and the car seat sits high, I am able to see out of the window better! I am so happy this is an all-in-one seat, so you can literally use it from newborn to 10 years old. And with a newborn, it reclines enough to support the head and neck so the baby isn't struggling to keep their head up; major plus!!! If you think about it, a newborn car seat, a convertible car seat, a high back booster, and a booster seat separately cost well over $400, but this car seat will save you $100 right off the bat by being an all-in-one. I couldn't be happier, truly!! I've been waiting so long to be fitted for this car seat and I finally have it!!!