DetailsThe Convaid Cruiser lightweight special needs stroller has a trendy new look and innovative features you will love! This wheelchair has a sleek silver frame and stylish new upholstery, which comes in a variety of colors. The specially designed padded upholstery provides added comfort for the user, and a one-piece angle adjustable push handle for easy maneuvering of the wheelchair by the caregiver.
The new Convaid Cruiser portable wheelchair has an optional under seat storage basket & side bags, which provide additional storage for those quick trips to the park. Improved optional head and neck support and an optional calf panel provide additional comfort.
The Cruiser's solid durability and compact-folding portability make it the best choice for active children. An array of positioning options help you achieve the ideal position for your child, and most options need not be removed when folding the chair. Its patented design provides maximum comfort and durability.
- Sleek silver frame and stylish new upholstery
- Padded Cordura upholstery provides extra comfort (traditional textilene upholstery also available)
- One-piece push handle for easy maneuvering
- Optional under seat storage basket and side bags provide extra storage moms will appreciate
- Optional new style head and neck support for additional comfort
- Optional calf panel
- Compact folding - wheelchair folds like an umbrella stroller
The Convaid Cruiser stroller is designed for the individual with orthopedic conditions requiring a customized back. Designed for everyday use, this sturdy Convaid Cruiser CX looks like a standard umbrella stroller and it's compact-folding and ultra lightweight provide for easy storage without heavy, awkward lifting.
Available in five sizes (10", 12", 14", 16" & 18" seat widths), the Convaid Cruiser stroller can accommodate user from child to small adult with a weight capacity of 66 lbs. to 170 lbs.
**For custom Convaid Cruiser options such as the Scout and Planar option, please contact our customer service department for further assistance, as well as a quote - Please Call : 877-664-4565
The Convaid Cruiser stroller features comes standard with a 30° fixed tilt seat angle, 85°-90°-95° seat-to-back angle (5° adjustment increments), in-depth positioning options to achieve proper positioning, and 2-point positioning belt with adjustable crotch strap. (headrest extension is standard equipment on 18" models only). Removable adjustable swing away footplates are independently adjustable and swing away for user access, scoliosis, the Cruiser is available with an Anatomic Back frame to enhance posture and improve line of vision. Recommended by therapists, the Anatomic Back frame provides lumbar support, which stabilizes the neck and head to assist the development of righting reflexes. It comes with ABS stiffeners which can be custom contoured.
Powder coated frame provides a durable, long lasting finish with low maintenance. Upholstery is fire-retardant, breathable and anti-bacterial and available in Cordura (densely woven material developed to withstand fading, mildew, & soiling). Upholstery removes easily for washing or replacement.
The Convaid Cruiser CX is also available in a crash-tested Transit model, for use aboard a bus or van and complies with WC/19 crash-test requirements.
Standard Features Include:
- Durable powder coated frame in silver for easy maintenance
- 5-Point Harness
- Headrest Extension
- Removable adjustable swing-away footplates
- Heavy duty, nylon wheels with micro-cellular polyurethane
- 7.5 x 2" Front, 11.5 x 2.5" Rear Solid Tire (CX10/12/14/16)
- 8" Front, 11" Rear Solid Tire (CX18)
New Push Handle Design
- One-Piece, Angle Adj Push Handle (CX10/12/14/16)
- 2-Piece Push Handles (CX18)
- Sizes 10, 12, 14, and 16 Foot-operated rear wheel lock. Size 18 toggle wheel locks on both back wheels.
- Closure strap
- 30° fixed tilt
- 85°-90°-95° seat-to-back angle (5° increments)
- Easy, compact-folding for storage
- Ultra-lightweight to reduce strain
- Comprehensive positioning
- Multiple frame adjustments
- Removable fabric
- Swivel wheels for easy maneuvering in and out of tight places
- Available in nine colors
- Crash-tested transit model available
Convaid Cruiser Transit Stroller Specifications
Convaid Cruiser CX Stroller Model 10" 12" 14" 16" 18"
Key User Dimension: Height
The user's overall height is a general guide to help you select the appropriate stroller. Choose the model that allows for growth.
Important: Make sure that seat width, depth, and distance to the footplates are adequate for each individual user.
Seat width (between armrests) 10" 12" 14" 16" 18" Seat depth 6" - 11" 8" - 13" 10" - 15' 11" - 16" 14" - 21" Seat back height 20" 20" 23" 24" 25" Seat to footrest (min/max) 5" - 21" 5" - 25" 4" - 22" 4" - 22" 8" - 23" Seat to floor (based on seat depth) 23" 24" 22" 23" 26" Seat to back angle 85°/90°/95° 85°/90°/95° 85°/90°/95° 85°/90°/95° 85°/90°/95° Seat angle (from horizontal) 30° 30° 30° 30° 30° Headrest extension 6" 8" 8" 8" 10" Stroller weight (w/o front rigging) 27lbs. 27lbs. 28 lbs. 32lbs. 32 lbs.
Overall dimensions w/o footrest48x22x3744x23.5x3849x25.5x3752x27.5x4055x28.5x38
Shoulder Strap height (from top of seat rail to eyelets) 11" - 19" 12" - 20" 15" - 23" 17" - 25" 16" - 22" Folded dimensions 47x15x17 48x15x17 47x16x17 53x16x17 50x15x17 Weight capacity (Basic) 75 lbs. 75 lbs. 100 lbs. 170 lbs. 250 lbs. Weight capacity (Transit) 66 lbs. 66 lbs. 100 lbs. 170 lbs. 170 lbs.
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Great Stroller for Transfer or Transit Children with Autism
- Really like the stroller. The Convaid Cruiser Transit Stroller is large enough for my 9 year old who outgrew all the regular size ones. At 9 years old his head is over the top. Too high for the sun shade. Also using the highest shoulder strap slot. Like other reviewers, having a stroller for a child with autism is a Must and this one allows us to do much more. I do like the removable adjustable swing away footplates are independently adjustable and swing away for easier access, Great portable chair. We use this for our 9 yr old son who is mobile but needs assistance at times when a lot of walking is required. This chair was very affordable and much more portable than a wheelchair. Great foot rests - better than some chairs I have seen. I did get a 'professional' to measure my son to ensure I ordered the correct size. I highly recommend this chair.