The Convaid Flyer is a lightweight, modular and portable wheelchair developed with youth-orientated aesthetics and growth in mind. A width-expandable chair that a child can grow with, the Flyer has a uniquely designed tilt-in-space base that also accepts more complex adaptive seating. The Flyer comes standard with -5 degrees to +40 degrees of tilt and 30 degrees of back angle adjustment, offers optional recline and a large selection of options and accessories to achieve ideal positioning and support.
The modular design allows for easy removal of the seating module from the mobility base for simple lifting and more compact transport. The Flyer seating module has the ability to grow in width from 12″ to 16″ and the seat depth can grow 4″, for a total seat depth range of 11″ to 21″. This provides therapists and caregivers the convenience and ease of use they desire without sacrificing the seating and positioning needs the user requires.
Convaid Flyer Specifications
- Tilt-in-Space (-5 to +40 degrees)
- 30 degrees back angle adjustment (80 to 110 degrees)
- Quick release rear wheels
- Foot activated wheel lock
- Back canes
- 90 Degree removable, front riggings
- Flip-back, individual footplates (non-angle adjustable)
- Choice of 3 base colors
- Two-piece push handle
- Fixed arm rests on the 15 & 16 inch models
- Seat width, seat to footplate, and seat to floor dimensions: plus or minus .5 inches due to fabric
- Made in the USA
- Weight Capacity: The Flyer can handle 170 lbs even with transit options when back canes are in positions 2-4; when set in position 1, max. weight is 85 lbs
- 2" Legrest Extension interferes with caster swivel when seat is in upright position. Seat must be tilted back at LEAST 5 degrees or legrests must be elevated to allow caster swivel.
Additional InformationThere is no additional info available.
VideosThere are no videos available.