Originally designed as a mobile therapy rehabilitation training tool for stroke patients, the Pedal Wheelchair was created as a way for stroke patients to train their afflicted weaker leg by exercising the healthy leg. EMG results showed that by getting the healthy limb in motion, the patient's afflicted limb may begin to be simultaneously stimulated into action as the muscles contract, whereas they could not consciously make the muscles contract before!
Today, the Pedal Wheelchair has become a solution for elderly individuals or those with special needs who might benefit from increased physical activity or leg-strengthening exercise. Sturdy, comfortable and easy-to-steer, the this revolutionary and lightweight wheelchair helps improve muscular and cardio-respiratory health, increase mobility and restore independence. It's "Rehab on the Go" to those in need and some even consider it FUN!
- Fall Prevention
- Balance & Mobility Issues
- Those currently using Scooters, Walkers, Canes, or Manual Chairs
- Stroke recovery
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Osteoarthritis and/or Joint Pain (knee, hip, ankle, foot, etc)
- Single-leg Disabilities/ Amputees
- Head Trauma
Pedal Wheelchair Specifications
- Dimensions: 34" x 24" x 41"(45" with pedals)
- Maximum user height 5' 4"
- Maximum user weight: 220 lbs
- Total product weight: 30 lbs
- Product comes fully assembled
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Cycle chair for fun rehab and mobility
- The Profhand PEDAL WheelChair is a great tool for mobility, training and rehab. It is useful for stroke patients, elderly in general and anyone who needs to exercise their legs while sitting. Such cycle chair is fun to ride. It was invented by Professor Handa in Japan for neuromodulation, helping patients to regain mobility after accidents or stroke.