SPIO shirts provide single-layer compression to the arms and trunk. It is best suited for children with primary sensory awareness deficits and improves fine motor control. SPIO Shirt is a highly flexible bracing system made from a specialized multi-directional stretch. The Lycra-like blend of material has excellent rebound and memory so that it returns to its original shape.
It is machine washable in mild detergent and can be hung to dry overnight. SPIO Shirts’ patented compression ratios provide a multi-directional and steady stretch tension directly to the skin and indirectly to the internal soft tissue structures. This precise compression around and toward the mid-line of the body provides accurate and usable deep pressure sensory information to the child’s proprioceptive feedback system, resulting in improved positional limb and body awareness, improved core muscle and joint stabilization, and increased precision of muscle activation and movement.
SPIO Shirt Benefits:
- Assists with primary awareness deficits in upper extremity and trunk
- Positive impact on shoulder/arm stability and function
- Can be combined with pants or unitard to provide double layer compression to the shoulder, trunk, hips, and pelvis while providing single layer compression to the arms and legs.
SPIO Shirt Features:
- SPIO shirts are standard single layer
- 3.5″ long hook and loop back neck closure (optional full back hook and loop closure)
- Designed to fit snug over hips
**NOTE** The use of any compression-type orthotic system such as SPIO™ should be discussed with your clinician prior to using.
- Short Sleeve or Long Sleeve
- Color: Black, Royal Blue or White
Size Chest Circumference
(Measure at nipple line)
SPIO Shirt Short Sleeve SS41 41 cm (16″) SS44 44 cm (17″) SS47 47 cm (18.5″) SS51 51 cm (20″) SS54 54 cm (21″) SS57 57 cm (22″) SS60 60 cm (23.5″) SS64 64 cm (25″) SS67 67 cm (26″) SS70 70 cm (27.5″) SS73 73 cm (28.5″) SS77 77 cm (30″) SPIO Shirt Long Sleeve S41 41 cm (16″) S44 44 cm (17″) S47 47 cm (18.5″) S51 51 cm (20″) S54 54 cm (21″) S57 57 cm (22″) S60 60 cm (23.5″) S64 64 cm (25″) S67 67 cm (26″) S70 70 cm (27.5″) S73 73 cm (28.5″) S77 77 cm (30″)
Just fill out the entry form and good luck. At the end of the month 10 lucky fans will be notified by eSpecial Needs that they have won. All winners will have 14 days to claim their prize. No duplications will be counted. Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes ends May 31, 2015.