DetailsThe soft shell helmet is our lightest helmet that averages only 8 ounces, and is fully ventilated without compromising head coverage. No hardware is used anywhere on the foam shell, so that the facial area does not come into contact with anything hard.Lightweight foam helmet designed to cover the temporal/cheek area, as well as providing additional coverage around the ears and nape of the neck. The chin strap is easily adjustable and features a snap closure. This sporty design plus more coverage make these helmets applicable in many situations where coverage of both the head and cheek area is advised.A wide range of custom options and sizes are availiable.
- A fully ventilated helmet
- On average helmet weighs only 8 ounces
- No hardware is used on the foam shell therefore the facial area does not come in contact with any hard material
- Available in a range of sizes from infant - XX-Large
- A wide range of custom options and sizes are also available including eye glass cutout
**NOTE: Any custom listed option will prevent the helmet from being returned.**
Soft Shell Helmet Specifications:
(C) Ear to Ear
16.25" - 17"
17.5” - 18.25”
19” - 19.75”
20.75” - 21.5”
21.5” - 22.25”
23” - 23.75”
24” - 24.75”
25.5” - 26.25”
HELMET SIZING CHART
Since proper fit is important for the comfort of the person wearing headgear, measurements should be determined by professional personnel.
- For Circumference measurement (A), measure at the eyebrow level around the head.
- For Occipital measurement (B), measure from the front of the forehead starting at eyebrow level over the top of the head to the back of the hair line where the helmet will end.
- For Ear-to-Ear measurement (C), measure from the top of one ear over the the head to the top of the other ear.
Some suggested considerations to use in helping to determine what type of helmet would be suitable for your client:
- degree of physical activity
- potential striking surfaces (floor, walls, furniture, etc.)
- nature of self abusiveness
- severity & frequency of seizures or spasticity
- length of time worn
While we believe that headgear can substantially reduce the risk of head injury we emphasize that there is no known device for preventing all injuries. Only you the customer are in a position to evaluate the particularized needs of the individual client in each environment. It is essential that professional and medical expertise be utilized in rendering decisions regarding headgear use.
Frequently Asked Questions:How do I measure for a helmet?
How can I adjust the size of the helmet for my client?
For Circumference measurement (A), measure at the eyebrow level around the head.
For Occipital measurement (B), measure from the front of the forehead starting at eyebrow level over the top of the head to the back of the hair line where the helmet will end.
For Ear-to-Ear measurement (C), measure from the top of one ear over the the head to the top of the other ear.
Match the measurements to the helmet closest to their head size for the best fit.
We do include some small foam pads for a little adjustment inside the helmet. We also have The Liner Cushion that comes in 1/4" and 1/2" thickness to help firm the fit of any of our helmets.
Does products from soft shell helmet have any latex in them?
No, they do not. They are composed of a closed-cell poly vinyl foam.
Can we mount a faceguard or a facebar to a soft shell helmet?
There must be a hard, stable suface in order to mount the bar or guard. The flexible surface of a soft shell helmet would bend and not offer the same amount of protection.
How do I know when a faceguard or facebar is necessary?
Always seek medical professional advice and input.
What are my color choices?
Standard colors are Casa Tan, Royal Blue and Pink. Special colors are available for an extra charge of $25.Product Warranty
The soft shell helmet is covered against defects in material or workman-ship for 90 days from invoice date.