DetailsWhen full coverage is the choice, the Hard Shell Helmet with Faceguard offers the best combination of features. The entire clear face guard pivots to the top of the helmet for the convenience of the user.A strong polyethylene shell is riveted to the liner and the face guard is attached to this shell. Our clear Lexan polycarbonate face guard has an eye level opening(1" x 6") for unobstructed vision and a mouth opening (1" x 3-3/4") for maximum ventilation. We have lined the bottom edge of the face guard with a strip of soft foam. There are many custom modifications available with this style of helmet.Creamy white outer shell with lining available in Casa Tan, Royal Blue and Pink.An easily adjustable chin strap with snap closure is included.
Hard Shell Helmet with Faceguard Specifications:Use this Dimensions Chart to help you make the right choice for your child.
(C) Ear to Ear
16.25" - 17"
17.5” - 18.25”
19” - 19.75”
20.75” - 21.5”
21.5” - 22.25”
23” - 23.75”
24” - 25.75”
25.5” - 26.25”
HELMET SIZING CHART
Since proper fit is important for the comfort of the person wearing headgear, measurements should be determined by professional personnel.
- Measure the head circumference (A) at eyebrow level.
- Occipital measurement (B) is taken from eyebrow level to the back of the head at the point that the helmet is to end.
- Over the top of the Head (C) to top of ears.
If for some reason the measurements do not fall within the above guidelines, or if there are other considerations to be taken into account, please refer to the page for information on Custom Helmets.
Some suggested considerations to use in helping to determine what type of helmet would be suitable for your client.
- degree of physical activity
- potential striking surfaces (floor, walls, furniture, etc.)
- nature of self abusiveness
- severity & frequency of seizures or spasticity
- length of time worn
While we believe that headgear can substantially reduce the risk of head injury we emphasize that there is no known device for preventing all injuries. Only you the customer are in a position to evaluate the particularized needs of the individual client in each environment. It is essential that professional and medical expertise be utilized in rendering decisions regarding headgear use.
Additional InformationAny custom listed option will prevent the helmet from being returned.How do I measure for a helmet?
How can I adjust the size of the helmet for my client?
- Measure the head circumference, measurement "A", at the eyebrow level.
- For, measurement "B", measure from the front of the forehead to the back hair line, over the top of the head.
- For, measurement "C", measure from just above one ear over the top of the head to just above the other ear.
- The measurements can then be matched to the helmet that is best, helmet is closest to them.
We do include some small foam pads for a little adjustment inside the helmet. We also have The Liner Cushion that comes in 1/4" and 1/2" thickness to help firm the fit of any of our helmets.
Does products from hard shell helmet have any latex in them?
No, they do not. They are composed of a closed-cell poly vinyl foam.
How do I know when a faceguard or facebar is necessary?
Always seek medical professional advice and input.
What are my color choices?
Standard colors are Casa Tan, Royal Blue and Pink. Special colors are available for an extra charge of $25.Product Warranty
The hard shell helmet is covered against defects in material or workman-ship for 90 days from invoice date.
VideosThere are no videos available.