The ProSeries 1420 fixed drive tryke provides full support for riders. Particularly those with low tone and/or trunk control. They can be adapted to meet a wide range of needs. Four seat post positions and a sliding seat post accommodate many leg lengths. The standard seat back can be positioned up/down and comes with a lap strap. The adjustable lateral supports with chest strap add additional trunk support. Quick-release cam levers allow the telescoping handlebars to be positioned at any height or distance to the rider. Expanding pedals have two straps and can adjust from 7 to 10 inches as well as for toe-in or toe-out positioning. A loading brake makes rider transfer safe and easy.
The ProSeries 1420 AmTryke tricycle will appropriately fit children with a leg length (hip joint to bottom of shoe) of 27" - 35". Maximum weight capacity: 250 lbs.
Available in AmTryke red. Assembly required.
Standard Features include:
- 20 inch front and rear wheels with pneumatic tires
- Rolled steel frame features two hand-ratcheting levers which allow the sliding seat post to move closer or further from the front and one that allows the frame to dismantle for easy transport
- Low center of gravity provides added stability
- Fixed drive helps children make a full pedal rotation
- Quick-release cam levers allow the telescoping handlebars to be positioned at any height or distance to the rider
- Linear caliper hand brake
- Safety steering limiter pin for three graduated steering options: straight, 20-degrees left/right, free steering
- Four seat post positions to accommodate various rider sizes
- Full Padded seat back set with latex-free lateral supports and chest strap (9" x 10") (E08173) can be positioned up/down for rider comfort
- Expanding pedals with two straps can adjust from 7 to 10 inches; foot pronate & positioning are also adjustable.
- Pedal leveler pulley, helps keep feet in optimal riding position
- Loading brake for easy rider transfer
- Steel wire basket
- Safety helmet
AmTryke ProSeries 1420 Tricycle Specifications:
Size Age (Approx.) 10+ years Rider Leg Length
(Center of Hip to Bottom of Shoe)
27"-35" Rider Arm Length
(Middle of Shoulder to Center of Digit Crease)
18"-28" Rider Weight 250 lbs Rider Max. Height 72" Tryke Weight 74 lbs. Wheel Size 20" Frame Height (Without Seat) 18.5" Total Length (With Push Bar Add 24") 64" Width 30"
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I choose if the AmTryke ProSeries 1420 Special Needs Tricycle is right for me?
The AmTryke ProSeries 1420 Special Needs Tricycle is designed to build strength and coordination for a wide range of children with disabilities. This foot pedal special needs tricycle is designed to provide full support to riders with low tone needing trunk control.What is the user cannot sit up on their own and has poor trunk control?
The AmTryke ProSeries 1420 Special Needs Tricycle comes standard with a saddle seat with pelvic strap, padded backrest with two adjustable lateral support and chest strap. We also offer other seating and trunk support options for the tricycle including, bench seat, tractor seat, full padded back, lumbar pad, H-Harness and headrest.
How do I determine which size AmTryke tricycle to purchase?
Refer to our Sizing Chart under the Specifications tab. You will need to focus on the user's inseam length (inside of leg to bottom of heel) and arm length (top of arm to middle of hand). The AmTryke ProSeries 1420 tricycle fits riders 55"+" high with an arm length of 18" - 24" and an inseam of 20" - 28"If you are not sure on which size to choose, we recommend completing the Measurement Form and reviewing those measurements against the Sizing Chart. This will also help in selecting a tricycle that will allow for growing room as well. For help with measuring and fitting the user, use our Measurement Form or contact one of our product specialists at 877-664-4565.Is the tricycle shipped assmebled or do I have to assemble?The AmTryke tricycles are shipped unassembled to you and does require assembly. The tricycles come with full installation instructions and assembly much like a standard bicycle.
VideosThere are no videos available.